one • i'm not broken, so don't fix me

Chris's POV

I groaned and stood up. I was backstage after one of Motionless's shows and Balz was making me take the trash out. I didn't want to, but I complied and grabbed the bag of garbage, heading towards the door.

I opened the dumpster, covering my nose. I tossed the trash inside before quickly slamming the lid down. I let the scent of trash clear before taking my shirt off of my face.

It was dark outside and a little bit chilly. It was summer here in Scranton. We had just held a small, hometown show. A lot of people came.

"Fucking hell," I heard someone say. I looked around. Nobody was there.

Great, now you're hearing things again.

"Ouch!" There it was! It sounded like a young girl.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I still didn't know where she was.

"Um, I'm fine."

"Where are you?"

"I'm fine. Just leave, please," she nearly whispered.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

I heard a sigh and then some shuffling noises. A girl who looked about 13 years old walked out from behind a dumpster. It was hard to see, but from what I could tell, she was very short and had long hair.

"I'm Chris," I said.

"I'm Maddie."

I heard her teeth chattering so I took off my hoodie and offered it to her. She shook her head. I shrugged and put it back on.

"Come inside. It's warm," I told her.

She shrugged. "Okay."

I led her in through the door. Ricky was the first one to see her. His eyes widened and his brows furrowed. "The fuck?" He muttered.

The rest of the guys turned around. "Who's this?" Vinny and Ghost asked in unison.

"I'm Maddie," she introduced herself.

"Um, where's your parents?" Ryan questioned.

"I don't know. Last I knew, they were going to the bar."

"The bar? Did you run away?"

"Yeah. They were going to get drunk," she explained. "They did that a lot."

"Did they hurt you?" Ricky stepped in.

"No, I hid in my room most of the time." Maddie took a shuddering breath. I put my hand on her shoulder and she went on. "They would hurt me sometimes. When they were drunk, or high."

Ghost's lips turned into a thin line. "Maddie, how about we go to my house for a while."

She nodded and gave a small smile. At least she was starting to trust Ghost. He turned back to me and mouthed, talk about what y'all are gonna do with her.

Maddie grabbed his hand and he took her to his car. They were laughing the whole way there. I smiled and turned to the guys.

"Lets talk about what we're gonna do with her."

•     •     •     •     •

Maddie's POV

Ghost let me sit in the front seat. My parents never did. They never took me anywhere.

I wasn't the type of girl that cried and made people pity her because her parents abused her. I just smiled and pretended like everything was okay.

Ghost had been asking me questions, like how old I was, what was my full name. Things you'd ask someone you were trying to get to know. But it was my turn to ask a question.

"Are you guys gonna send me back? Or to an adoption center?"

Ghost took a deep breath. "I know none of us have the heart to send you back home. That's cruel. I don't think we could send to an orphanage either. My guess is that Chris is gonna take you in."

"That would be cool."

Ghost nodded. "I think you'll enjoy it. You'll be staying with me and my girlfriend, Kylie, for tonight, though. Chris has got to figure some things out."

He's got to figure out all the shit that's going on with me.

Instead of saying that outloud, I asked, "should I call you Ghost or Devin?"

"You can call me whatever. Most of the time, Kylie and the guys call me Devin or Dev. Ghost is just my stage name."

"I'll call you Devin, then," I decided.

We pulled up to a large house. It was beautiful. I could only imagine what Chris's and the rest of the guy's houses looked like.

But I might not even stay with Chris. I really hope I do. He seems so nice. Yet, I've grown up all of my life knowing not one person who wanted me and accepted me, so why would Chris?

Yay! First chapter! Tell me what you think.
     - salem♡

Edited and revised
765 words