four • androids are fucking dumb

Chris's POV

I looked in my fridge to see ... nothing. Big surprise. I need food.

"Junebug, we're going shopping!" I yelled.

"I'll be down in 10!"

I sat down on the couch, watching Dexter. It was a good show and it passed the time. Maddie was downstairs just as the episode finished.

She had dyed her hair red yesterday, and had it up in a ponytail. She had done her makeup and was wearing a black dress that had pentagrams all over it. Kylie had bought her black combat boots which she wore to top it all off.

"You look nice," I commented.

"Thanks," she replied and grabbed my hand, leading me to the car.

"We can get your phone today. No androids are allowed in my house. They're fucking dumb."

She laughed. "Okay."

"Do you wanna go to the mall first or the grocery store?"

"The mall would make more sense, especially if we get cold stuff from the store."

"True. Also, they're mailing me your adoption papers. I should get them tomorrow or the day after. I talked to the court yesterday when you were with Kylie."

"What's happening to my parents?" She questioned hesitantly.

"They're going to jail. I'm sorry, Maddie."

"No, they deserve it," she said.

"Yeah, they do."

It only took ten minutes to get to the mall. Maddie and I walked into the huge building, straight into a phone store.

•     •     •     •     •

Maddie's POV

Chris and I looked at all the iPhone's. He pointed at the rose gold iPhone 8 and told me that one would be good. I agreed and he told me to get a phone case and ear buds while he got minutes on my phone.

I chose a pastel pink phone case with little white clouds on it. The clouds had little smiley faces. It said 'be happy' in cursive. I got Skullcandy ear buds.

"Come on, Junebug," Chris said once we checked out. "To the grocery store!"

"Thanks, Chris. You're too nice to me," I told him.

"You're my daughter now. I've got to spoil someone."

I giggled. "That you do."

•     •     •     •     •

Chris was helping me set up my phone. I had his number, all the guy's number, their girlfriends, and Chris's friends, Angelo's and Kuza's. He said I could hang out with all of them soon.

We set up an Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook. Chris trusted me to be careful using the internet. I agreed and followed all of the guy's and some other bands that came up in the recommended.

Chris said that his band was coming over, along with all of their girlfriends. I said okay and went upstairs. I decided to listen to Motionless in White, as well as some other bands similar to them.

Before I came here, I listened to the Misfits, Marilyn Manson, and Slipknot. I had also listened to other various rock and metal bands, but MIW never came up. They were good.

My favorite song was Fatal. It made me want to cry.

Chris texted me and told me to come downstairs. He said that everyone would be here soon and he needed help cooking. He was gonna be grilling burgers and I started making potato salad, using an online recipe.

Someone knocked on the door. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to meet new people.

Gimme thoughts! I'm loving this book so far.
     - salem

Edited and revised
570 words (ahh omg)