twenty two • the visit

Maddie's POV

I was quite surprised when Lisa called me. Chris was flaming mad, and Gaia was sympathetic.

"Are you sure you wanna see her?" Dad had asked.

"Yes, dad. I'm sure."

He pursed his lips and nodded. "Do you want Ricky or someone?"

"I'm okay."

I was currently upstairs picking out what to wear. I sighed and slipped into a galaxy skirt and a black crop top. I put on my black vans and ran downstairs.

Chris hugged me. "You look nice."

Gaia smiled at me once Chris and I broke apart. "Good luck, JB."

I said thanks and Chris and I held hands, walking outside. I took a deep breath. Why did I agree to this?

•     •     •     •     •

Lisa's POV

Maddie looked so pretty. She walked into the visitor's room, and might I say, she's changed.

I smiled as Maddie sat down. "How's life?"

"Much better, honestly. I have a family who loves me."

"Tell me about them."

She smiled, a real genuine smile. "I have a lot of aunts and uncles. They all take me out and spoil me. It's funny, actually. When you first see them, you wouldn't think they'd have a soft spot for kids."

"Is Chris in a band?"

"My dad," she corrected me. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Just a guess, what's it like being a band kid?"

"It's cool, touring is fun."

I was surprised this conversation was going this good. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, his name's Oliver. We go to school together. My family really likes him," she told me.

It was strange to hear her call them her family. I guess I should've expected that.

"Why'd you do it, mom?" She asked after a minute.

I took a shuddering breath. "Your dad wanted me to."

"Would you jump off a bridge if he asked you to?" She retorted.

"Yes, Maddie, I would've. I loved your dad so so much. I was so stupid, I only wanted to please him."

"Look what that did to you. To me. To us."

"I know, I'm sorry," I apologized as tears ran  down my face.

It was silent for a second. "I forgive you."

"You do?"

"Yes, but I'll never forget."

•     •     •     •     •

Maddie's POV

I felt ... relieved after that conversation with Lisa. We said what needed to be said.

Chris had his arms wrapped around me as we walked into Subway. He said I was to skinny.

I ordered what I usually got and we sat down. He took a bite of his sandwich and asked how it went.

I explained everything that happened. He looked surprised. "You're the strongest kid I know."

"Why?" I asked.

"You forgave her. That takes guts, Maddie."

I grinned. "Eat eat eat, till her insides are on me!" I sang. For some reason, that sentence reminded me of the song Not My Type: Dead As Fuck 2.

"Maddie!" He exclaimed. "People are staring."

I looked around and realized I sang really loudly. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

Chris laughed and shook his head. "That's my girl!"

Do you like Lisa's POV? I kinda like writing it. Also, this had a lot of dialogue. It kinda needed to be included, though.
     - salem ♡

Edited and revised
535 words