Malum-Heartbreak Boy

Michael's P.O.V

It was a typical Tuesday night,I was in my room and messing around on my phone.Suddenly,my phone started ringing and the name 'CALUM' was flashing on the screen.I put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"M-mike?"

"Calum,what happened?"

"J-jake c-cheated o-on m-me,"

"Want to talk about it?"I should be upset right now,but that meant that Calum was single.You see,I may have a tiny crush on him.Who am I kidding!?I have a HUGE crush on him.But the problem is,Calum was always messing around with other boys.And in Calum's eyes,I was just his best friend and best friends were supposed to be supportive of each other right?

"I never liked him anyway,"That was a lie.Every time,Calum was always talking about Jake did this and Jake did that.My friends say that I should just move on,but I was determined to get Calum Hood,and I will.

"Anyway,thanks for being a friend,"There it was again.Only a friend?

"Anytime,"Luckily,my voice didn't sound hurt or anything.

"I'm not going to school tomorrow.Cover for me?,"

"Sure,"

"Thanks Mikey!I'll call you tomorrow at ten,"

"Bye,"

"Bye,"

And with that, I collapsed back on my bed.Think Michael,what's the best way to ask Calum out?I was deep in thought ,until I got a great idea.Grabbing my phone,I sent out a message to Luke and Ashton.

Meet me at my locker b4 class tomorrow-Michael

Almost immediately,the both of them responded.Even though it meant waking up early,I knew that all of this was for Calum.

-

"Calm down Mikey,"Luke reassured me as I paced back and fourth in my dressing room.

Yes, dressing room.

My idea was to seranade Calum with a song that I had wrote about him at his favourite pub that we sneak into with our fake ID's.Ashton will stay with Calum throughout the perfrormance while Luke sings backup for me on stage.

"Alright, so the song I will be performing tonight is one that I wrote about a special someone.It's called Heartbreak Girl, or for my situation,Heartbreak Boy,"I said into the microphone.The music started.        

You call me up,

It's like a broken record

Saying that your heart hurts

That you never get over him getting over you.

And you end up crying

And I end up lying,

'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do.

And when the phone call finally ends,

You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"

And we're going in circles again and again

[Chorus:]

I dedicate this song to you,

The one who never sees the truth,

That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.

Hold you tight straight through the day light,

I'm right here. When you gonna realize

That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out

You could be with me now

But I end up telling you what you wanna hear,

But you're not ready and it's so frustrating

He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.

And when the phone call finally ends

You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"

And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again,

[Chorus]

I know someday it's gonna happen

And you'll finally forget the day you met him

Sometimes you're so close to your confession,

I gotta get it through your head

That you belong with me instead,

[Chorus 2x]

The crowd cheered as the song ended.I looked around the pub looking around for Calum when I felt a tap on my shoulder.Turning around, I was face to face with Calum.

"Hi,"He breathed.

"Hey,"I greeted him back.We stood in silence for a few moments until he broke the silence.

"I don't know what to say,"Calum began.My face fell.All this time,he never liked me the way I do?I bowed my head and locked eyes with the floor.

"I understand,"I mumbled lowly and began to walk away.

"Michael wait,"Calum grabbed my arm.

"What Calum?"I asked, but it came out harsher then I meant it to.My eyes soften and I looked down on the floor again.

"I like you too,"Calum said truthfully.Finally,those words came out of his mouth,and without thinking,I crashed our lips together.It felt so right.After we pulled apart to breathe,I held my hand out and said to him,

"Wanna dance Hearbreak Boy?"