Cake-Bottle Feeding

In celebration of the 20th chapter, I made sure that this chapter contains lots and lots of fluff and Cake cuddling. This has got to be the fluffiest chapter of all, but with a little angst. Set in which Calum is taller then Luke.

Calum's P.O.V

"Dammit Michael, I just don't know what to do anymore, he's wasting away!" I heard Ashton groan in frustration. I was standing on the top of the stairs, listening to him and Michael's conversation.

"Don't worry Ashton, Luke's a strong boy," I could hear some hesitation in his vocie at the end. Footsteps were heard and I rushed back to my room. Ashton and Michael went inside Luke's room and I opened the door a bit so I could see.

"It's toast with vegemite, just the way you like it," Ashton said and held out the plate for Luke. Luke didn't say anything and stared unseeingly at the wall. A groan of frustration could be heard.

"We'll just leave it here just in case you want to eat it. Ashton?" Michael set the plate on Luke's bed and led Ashton out of the room.

For the past few days, Luke has been wasting away. He never ate and hardly got any sleep. Luke didn't respond to anything, just kept silent and stared at the wall. I was worried for him, I cared for him deeply and I couldn't lose him. We didn't know what got him to be so depressed. Everyday, we took turns to check Luke's wrist and thighs. Fortunately, there wasn't any cuts yet.

Suddenly, I got an idea.

I silently sneaked downstairs and went into the kitchen. After looking through the cupboards, I finally found what I was looking for. It was a baby bottle. I had gotten it when I thought that I knocked a girl up, but when I found out that it wasn't mine, Ashton had kept it there as a not-so-gentle reminder to not give anyone a pregnancy scare again.

I washed the bottle before warming up some milk in the microwave. I thougth about stuffing a sandwich in the bottle, but remembered that it didn't work as I tried to do that when I was younger.

After making sure that the milk was the right temperature, I clambered up to Luke's room. Luke was in the same position he was earlier, and hasn't moved a single inch. I placed the plate of toast and the bottle of milk on the bedside table. I placed my hands under Luke's knees and behind his neck.

I expected a whine or at least a grunt, but Luke kept silent. I rested against the headboard and pulled Luke to my chest. Reaching out for the bottle, I brought the bottle up to his lips. Luke blinked in confusion and looked up at me.

"Open up Luke," I said softly to him. Luke gave out what sounded like a moan and a whine. That's the only sound he made in the past few days. I pulled Luke's bottom lip down gently, and his mouth parted. I slipped the rubber nipple of the bottle in his mouth. After a few tries, Luke was sucking slowly and he regained a bit of colour back on his face.

The bottle was half full by the time Luke really couldn't get anymore in. I pulled him under the covers and adjusted his pillow. I leaned down and kissed his forehead before heading to the door. I grasped the handle and stopped.

When I looked back, Luke was sleeping for the first time in days. He looked so much younger, innocent and helpless. He was skinnier and looked like he was about to break at any moment. But I wasn't going to let that happen.

-

A few hours later, I came back in the room with the bottle in hand. This time, I filled it up with chicken noodle soup as it was dinner. I resumed the position we were in earlier and brought the bottle up to his lips. Instead of what happened earlier, Luke's lips parted immediately and this time, he sucked eagerly.

So far so good.

Now that I think about it, I liked taking care of Luke. He was the sweetest boy you will ever meet. I held do much love for Luke, and I wasn't going to let him slip away from us.

When Luke was done, I got up again and was about to leave, when Luke called out.

"Stay with me Cal," Luke whimpered helplessly. My eyes softened and I cuddled up to him. His warmth made my worries melt away and I felt like putting him in my pocket so I could hold him anywhere because he was just so cute.

-

A few hours later when I woke up, I realised that I needed to prepare another bottle for him. Making sure he was asleep, I left Luke's room and went back in the kitchen. When I went to the kitchen, Ashton and Michael was there, but they weren't alone.

Seated around the table was One Direction.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I asked them. They looked up from their conversations and turned to me.

"We're here to check on Luke," Niall announced loudly. I shushed him since Luke was sleeping upstairs,

"Yeah can we see him?" Zayn asked. 

"Uh, its probably not a good idea to overwhelm him with so many visitors," I said fidgeting with my hands.

"Well tell him that we wish that he will get well soon," Liam said.

"We also brought him buns and muffins," Harry said holding up a basket full of homemade goods. I nodded and took it from him.

"Sure," I said. I managed to fill up the bottle with some apple juice. I thought about it for a moment, and wrapped a bun up with a napkin. I bid my goodbyes to the One Direction lads and went up to Luke's room. He was still sleeping and I woke him up gently.

"Luke I want you to try and eat, juice first?" Getting a weak nod from the other boy, I let him drink the orange juice. Setting the bottle aside, I broke the bun into two and fed him a piece. Luke allowed the morsel to be place on his tongue and he chewed slowly before swallowing it. I fed him the other piece and this time, he finished it faster.

"I'm so proud of you Luke," I whispered and pulled him close.

-

A week later, Luke was deemed healthy and when asked how he recovered so fast, he pointed to me. Even though I didn't need to feed him anymore, we cuddled at every given opportunity. We didn't say anything, we just held eachother and enjoyed the embrace.

And I wouldn't have it in any other way.

This chapter is longer then the other chapters and I had this planned for a while before deciding to save it for my 20th chapter. I'll update more often and other stories are coming up because where I live, SCHOOL ENDED!!!