Chapter 17- Rivals

There was nothing to lose as I searched for Harith in room 2B and 2C, but there was still no sign of him. "Elly, came to stop by?" Casey greeted as I ran down the library's hallway. "Something like that because I'm looking for Harith. Have you seen him?" I replied. "Yeah, he's there in the corner reading the hell out of some book." Casey admitted as she seemed suspicious of what's going on. "Thanks. I'll get going." I replied as I ran to the table where Harith was hanging alone.

"Harith?" I questioned, still catching up with my breath. "Have you been ignoring me lately?"

He looked up and looked down as fast as he could. "What?" He cackled a bit. "What makes you say that?" I rolled my eyes. "Come on. Don't play the I don't know shit game."

He sighed and gulped. "Fine. Fine. I am stalling. I just need space, okay? It's not only you."

"Right." I nodded. "I'm sorry for everything that caused this space biz." He grinned. "So you know why and you are sorry?" "Nope, I don't know. What did I do anyway?" I asked. "Ah! It's nothing. You don't need to know." He chuckled as he flipped a page gently from the book. He added. "I guess you have to figure things out. It's obvious what I feel for yo-"

"Speaking of feelings. Guess who's back?" I interrupted, unable to hold my talk. "Ash is back in my life and is asking me out today like this afternoon. I really don't have anyone to talk about it in school except for you! I need your advice."

"Ash is back?" Harith questioned with a hint of disturbance in his expression. "He's in this school or something?"

"Yeah, he is." I sighed. "And guess he's the hoe now. Joke! Just kidding. Who knows who is the real hoe." I cackled.

"And you're going, obviously." Then he smirked at his left. "I mean why would you back out with such an opportunity with Dream boy, Mr. Crush." He rolled his eyes. "Scoot off now and leave, be with him exactly because that's what you've always wanted."

"Chill man. I know it'll sound dumb to go out with him after everything he did." I sighed. "He's not worth it."

"Not in page 8 where it says,

Love can be given a million chances,
To the right person,
Who'll only need a second.

You can give him a second chance and see where your heart truly belongs." Harith grinned.

"You're one philosopher, my friend." I grinned back as I received a notification in messenger.

Ash Joren: Meet you by the school garden in front of the red roses.

: Coming ;-)

"Thanks Harith. Now I know what to do." I smiled as I got along with my final decision. A second chance has always been what I thought I'd do to see if I still love the person who buried me thousands, who murdered me millions.

***

"Just so you know, you're selfish Elly. You give out second chances in seconds, but giving someone new a first chance to show you how priceless you are is something you'd think twice of giving a chance in your life. Let's just see who will you fall in the end. Will it be Ash or me after all." I whispered at her very back as she fleeted in no time to his boy friend who never deserved her.

Casey was arranging piles of books close to me as she heard everything. "Go get her, pal." Then she left with her biscuit wrapper on my table. "Library working students." I smiled. "Always in for the library moments."

***

"Ash!" I exclaimed as he gave a wide smirk from a far. "Elly." He smirked.

"So we have a lot of catching up to do." Ash grinned for a moment and I felt a spark and my heart beats are rapid. "You go first." I replied.

"So, my plan for-"

He talked and talked and all his words seemed to past out as I looked into his eyes for sincerity. I could see fear and what's that? A hint of care in his eyes or is that a crush dilation?

"So yeah, that's my plan. What's yours?" He asked as he leaned closer. "Mine is pretty simple, to graduate." I replied shyly. "And of course to——————"

After 2 hours of giggling and talking, I felt more comfortable around him like I needed him after all. "So are you goin?" I asked.

"I'll go when you'll go." He grinned. "I'm going now. Bye Ash!" Something was off like I wanted to end the hanging out moment with him. "Bye! You sure?" He asked and tapped my head. "Don't do that." I said. "Makes me feel small than I already am. The tapping my head thing is just not my thing."

"Oh sorry, I just find you really cute. Remember in high school? You used to be really boyish and I'm shocked you've become girly all of a sudden." Ash said straight as if he planned to say this for a long time. "I think if you would curl your hair, you'll look cute."

And I just found that weird, but okay.

"Bye Ash. I really gotta go." I explained as I waved a goodbye.

He grinned and headed out as I went to the cafeteria to tell my friends the stuff. "Omg girl! How'd it go?" Mary and Carey jinxed at the same time, they giggled.