Chapter 39- Fast Foward

Sometimes, waiting is a test when you really love someone. Even if you know waiting can't guarantee both of you to have a chance, it is unconditional love itself.

***

Harith's P.O.V

It's been a year ever since Elly's tragic encounter. Since I'm moving to California for my internship, I've been busy. I don't want to leave the Philippines, but I have to leave for a better future. Everyone looks up to those abroad because their lives are different and adventure is an everyday thing in the new places. Although, I have no reason to stay in this province since everyone is encouraging me to find a better place for my own.

The one and only person I'm waiting for my final decision is Elly because I haven't asked her yet if it's fine to leave for a few years. It's not that I'm tired of waiting because I'm honestly still waiting until this very day for her to remember anything. It also seems to me that Ash and Elly are spending more time since Ash is having his internship in the same hospital as a physician. Yes, Ash is on a medical journey and I think if Elly were to choose him then she'll be safe from health distress. She'll also have health insurance and they'll have a fine life free from financial problems. If she chooses me, I have none of those guarantees since I only have nothing rather than money as of now.

Choosing Ash is what she deserves, I guess. Ash also seems desperately in love with her. I just hate it when he forces Elly to be with him in his office even if it's Elly's therapy session. I mean, that's a good thing, right? He wants her to be with him always and maybe forever.

But what if she chooses me? I don't know how it'll be.

Being in Highland Medical is a daring thing because not everyone is normal and not everyone is trustable, they say. One reason is that it's near a rehabilitation center for drug addicts and who knows who you might be dealing with soon.

Anyhow, being in there is nothing compared to what I can sacrifice for Elly. Even if it means seeing the unwanted every day or talking to dark strangers. I'm just willing to give up everything, ya' know? Even my safety.

The gloomy halls were surrounding me again and all I could imagine were Elly's hazel yet smokey gray eyes. Her eyes just capture me in a fascinated stature.

There are times when I would try drawing her in my desk. Like drawing her aesthetic eyes, but I just am not good at drawing. I once asked Elly how to draw another eye that looks exactly like the other a time before, but all she did was chuckle and lecture me on how good I was in math, but not in measuring shapes in my head. Since that day, Elly showed me how being good at something doesn't mean you're good at almost everything like how I'm sorta excelling math and she is good at drawing. Since then, I figured that drawing has a bit of math into it and it's not just all colors.

She even drew my face once and staring at her finished sketch, it almost seemed like she thinks about my features most of time with how accurate the parts were that it really did look like me, looking towards the left. She sketched other people like Mary, but it didn't fully look like Mary. As for the sketch in my name, it did look like me and assuming as I may sound, she seemed to memorize how I looked.

Elly, aside from being secretly an artist, has many hobbies and that's what makes her interesting. The way she moves her eyes even has a little bit of intrigue into it. I think this is what they call, "Thinking of someone as imperfectly perfect." No matter how many times Elly does stupid things like eat pineapples on pizza, she's still quite perfect to me.

"Urghhh." I shrugged because who knew how weird my thoughts about Elly can get. Then who knew hearing her voice in the hallway snapped me back to reality. It's like how someone who endangered you can be the only cure.