Chapter 38- After

Harith's P.O.V

It's only a matter of time that I'll face Elly. The girl that I think about all the time that even if I try to stop thinking about her, it's nearly impossible.

My flight to the La Paz Dunez was on screen and the excitement and fear of facing her is really bothering my skin. The doctor said someone injected the drug and it may be motive for a possible kidnap. I then promised to myself that I'll find whoever kidnapped Elly. It's not just a promise, but a vow that will live on as long as I live.

I then arrived and took a cab to the hospital Elly was in. It's not far from the airport since it was a small place and time is always fast when you are missing someone.  I then proceeded to the room with a heavy heart. I didn't know if I deserved to face her or not. I didn't know if I deserved Elly's words after a long time of wanting to her them.

"Elly." I said as soft as I could. I was hoping she  remembers me after all. I was hoping the amnesia was a joke. I was hoping that she's still Elly no matter what.

But when I looked at her eyes, I was still lost in the same eyes. It's like I'm falling in love all over again.

"You are?" Elly questioned and it seemed like she does have amnesia after all. "Sorry, I have amnesia and if I do know you then I need to patch up all the memories to remember who you are. Long story short, I don't know who I am."

"It's okay." I gulped. "I'm just your old best friend and I came all the way here to visit. Your parents are in the next flight and they're coming."

"Wow. I am wondering why I have such good looking people in my life." She grinned. "Your name is?"

"My name is Harith Napier." I grinned in return. The Elly I know would never compliment me like that.

But according to a recent book I read about amnesia, the patients will say what they want to say without thinking because of the incapacity their brains are having. The patients will also say what they've always wanted to say to someone they once knew since it's buried deep down in their memory. I feel like I'm in the right page and this is the Elly I know, except a more open one.

Someone then forced the door knob open and disturbed my thoughts and the exchange of smiles me and Elly are having. A tall man about my height with a woman stopping him from coming inside is making a scene. "Sorry, I told this guy the visitors are only allowed one at a time, but he doesn't care." The woman who saved Elly screamed and turned furious about the situation. This will make Elly more stressed  as a result.

"Elly!" The man screamed. "I love you and I know you were about to choose me during that night. Lately, all I wanted was to save you because I love you and here I am now."

"Sorry." Elly looked away. "I don't know any of you and I don't know what you're talking about. What night? What-"

Then she fisted her head with all the memories suddenly coming back. It seemed like it wasn't her brain's capacity to remember. "Sorry, but I really don't remember." Then this was the stress the doctor was talking about, all caused by that selfish brat, Ash.

"You selfish little brat!" I screamed. "As always! Maybe you just came here for answers rather than for Elly."

Elly, I truly love you and a part of me knows that the man you were about to choose that night will always be up to you. I'm not going to force any answers because I love you.  If we are meant to be then there'll always be a future with both of us in it.