Chapter 34- A Heart Shot

"Daisy, I know you know who Boss Croc is and I think he knows something about my girlfriend's abduction." Ash said through the other side of the phone while the signal was quite irritating.

"Why would I know anything and why the hell will I still care about your life?" Daisy replied as she pissed the alcohol in her throat. She can't swallow such joyful liquid knowing her ex is in the line. "You're not her boyfriend while she is your girlfriend? What kind of relationship is that? Did she even hear you when you proposed?"

"How did you know all this shit?" Ash then scoffed at the conversation. "I was just testing if you knew something about us. I guess you do and it just proves that you know something. Tell me where is she and I'll not call the police." Ash made himself sound calm as possible.

Daisy cackled at the phone since she couldn't help it. "Now you think I'm behind all your shitty life problems? Pathetic. I guess you don't have anyone to blame but your old friend."

"Then how do you know what's going on? I bet both of you are not friends 'cause that's absurd-"

"Okay, okay. I admit that we met a time ago in Rux bar because I needed someone to talk to. She told me that there's this guy who is hanging out with her and she wasn't interested and that she is forcing herself to somewhat like him, but like, she just can't because the guy is a fuck boy, a user and a loser. Then I knew the guy she was referring to was you because she mentioned your full name." Daisy grinned. "And I bet she wouldn't just change her idea of who you are in 5 days."

Ash was teary eyed at the moment. After all the hard work he sort of went through to find her, she even decided that he was all of that messed up descriptions in the first place. A side of him didn't want to believe, but what is there to believe?

Ash then ended the call. He didn't know what to say next. His heart felt like it was shot by a rifle or exploded by a grenade. He didn't even notice the tears that began to roll down his rough cheeks then unto his rough palms. It's like he was really defeated by a heartbreak. For the first time in his life, he was rejected by the same person he rejected during childhood and took for granted of. He then thought of it as karma because maybe he deserved all the pain. After all, he disregarded her presence during middle school or when she actually cared.

Ash Joren never felt this way before. A feeling that felt like someone took the stars from his skies. A feeling that made his heart beat a little slower because he felt nothingness flow rapidly in his arteries. It's like a heartbreak scene he read somewhere in a romance novel on one of its last pages where one person in the love triangle finally gets out of the picture. He was the person that seemed like the third party, the protagonist in a supposedly touching love story and the reason why happy endings don't happen so easily.

He then saw things a little bit clearer. He believes he loves Elly and proving it is not a question, but a choice. He decided to still find her no matter what.

Through his life, he figured that true love knows no bargains. If he really does love her then he'll still love her unconditionally. This is a test, he though to himself.

If ever he is the third party then at least he'll be the one to bring a possibly happy ending to whoever wins in the romance game. It wasn't just a game, but an experience of a lifetime that's rare to find or even have.

***

Boss Croc grinned as Daisy put down the phone to an end. He saw a familiar expression on her face. A mix of happiness and fear. "So, how'd talking to Mr. Ex go? Hmmmm.?" He asked.

"I lied to him about what Elly thinks of him, some reckless jerk to summarize." Daisy replied as she looked at a far distance to stare at nothingness in the air. "It's like I don't want to break his heart because how could you hate someone you love in a month? I still love him. He's different because he values time and bond than lust. It's like he's not even a boy, but like, some really dreamy guy that every girl dreams of."

Boss Croc sighed. He honestly hates love shit especially in some kidnapping biz. "I think it's because lust was never in your relationship. It was about bond and the lust was never fulfilled. That is true love and it can be all yours once we finish off Foster." Boss Croc cackled in the air at the surprisingly disturbing matter.

"Right," Daisy gulped. "I'll go get us some drinks to celebrate."