Chapter 27- 18:00

Under the moonlight was where Elly stood. Sa
ilalim ng buwan, as Cebuanos say. Tomorrow will be a new day, a day to reflect and understand her choices.

Her phone vibrated instantly in the morning she was not willing to face.

Harith: You know what.
Harith: I was dumb to just walk away.
Harith: I should've faced you.
Harith: If you really meant what you said that you can't love me because I'm just your best friend then so be it
Harith: But I'll take my chances.
Harith: Meet me today at 17:00 in front of the black roses if you change your mind. If you actually realize you have feelings for me.
Harith: Elly, I know we have a chance. You are just torn between what you wanted in the past. You wanted to be with Ash and now you feel like you're missing your chances if you reject him.
Harith: But ask yourself what you really want, now that you have a new life and now that you're more mature with your decisions.
Harith: I still love you.

Elly has to meet only one person and it can be either Ash or Harith at 18:00.

***

Ash was standing in front of the red roses while Harith stood on the opposite side, near the black roses. "What are you doing here? You bastard!" Harith screamed. "We finally meet, fuck boy. No one forces Elly into things like that."

"I didn't force her into anything. Who are you?" Ash replied, still stunned. He never knew or saw the man before. "I'm Harith and I'm here to meet Elly at 18:00 so step aside."

"I'm here to meet her too. I asked her to meet me at 18:00 if she's willing to give me another chance. " Ash smirked. "I guess she has to choose between us and I think she'll rather have someone like me than someone like you." Ash looked at Harith from top to bottom this time. Both glared and both were about the same height. Elly doesn't need to choose over a tall guy.

"What makes you say so that she'll choose you? She's better than that." Harith replied with a death glare for the win. "All you have is abs, but that's all you've got while I can give her more."

Ash chuckled for a while and stepped back to aim a good punch at Harith. Ash punched Harith in the chin then in the neck, his adam's apple got squashed in the process. "You want a fist fight? Let's have it then!" Harith screamed as he aimed for Ash's stomach to punch his worthless abs.

"Fuckkkk-" Ash screamed as the pain increased in his lower abdomen. "Wait a minute." Harith tried catching up with his breath. "Are those fake abs because why are they so fragile?"

"It's non of your business, you punk." Ash screamed to reply. "Fighting is no use. I guess the real game is to wait for who Elly will choose." Ash added as he wiped the blood stain off his lip.

Harith nodded, unharmed. He walked towards the black roses and stood still in front of them. Ash sat on one of the benches near the red roses as he inhaled a bit of cocaine to maybe ease the pain, but that's what he thought.

17:01
17:02
17:03
17:04
17:06...

18:34...
19:59...
20:00...

"This is unlike Elly." Harith gulped. "Where is she?"

"Elly is just scared. She's a kind girl and she's not going to show up until someone leaves this place." Ash grinned. "I think you should leave."

"No-" Harith gulped. "You don't know Elly at all! She is willing to face anything and she is not like this."

"Or maybe you are the one who doesn't know her. She escaped her problems and this is the most precise action she would do to escape them." Ash replied. "You know what, if she's not coming then I'm out of here. It just means that she is not willing to forgive me and she doesn't love you."

"You don't love her, Ash.  No one gives up when love is at stake." Harith sighed as he took a deep breath. "I thought maybe you'll take care of her the way I do, but you giving up is a sign that no one is willing to do that for her the way I am. I love her."