Home at last

Taylor is such a great father to joey. All last night he stayed up to change him and feed him just so I could sleep. The nurse said we would leave the hospital today as soon as the discharge papers came in for me and Joey. I had done a lot of thinking these past few days being here. I don't want my child to be exploited into the world of fame. When we leave here today, i will have to face the paparazzi but I'm ok with that as long as my child is not shown in a magazine with a crazy headline.

Taylor helped me change out of my gown and into my maternity dress. I know it sounds weird, especially from me, but I just didn't want to wear heels today. I just wore my flats. I sat back on the bed and taylor helped me get Joey dressed in this cute little blue onesie and a pair of jeans with little blue shoes and a matching bib. He was just absolutely perfect.

Joey squirmed and cried a little when I tried to put him in his car seat. "It's okay sweet boy, shhh, momma is here" I smiled as he finally quit moving and I buckled him. He looked so tiny in his car seat and opening his big blue eyes to look into the world.

Taylor put his hand on my back and said "wow babe! your a natural! where did you learn that!" I said "well, I helped a lot with Zachary and Elijah, by the way, did you call elton and David and tell them that Joey is here? they were wanting to know so they could send us something." Taylor kissed me and said "I have already taken care of it babe. don't worry" I shook my head as I was listening and putting joeys clothes and stuff in his bag.

The nurse came in and she gave us the go ahead to leave. "Hey, honey, get that receiving blanket out of his diaper bag and hand it to me." T looked at me in confusion "okay? why? it is like 78 outside" I turned to look at him and said "I know but there is going to be paparazzi out there and I am going to cover his car seat up so they can't get one picture of him." Taylor nodded in agreement and I situated his blanket. T grabbed his car seat and I grabbed the diaper bag while the nurse wheeled me out to our car.

On our way out of the hospital, the paparazzi swarmed around us and I made sure I kept my eyes on my son the whole time. After I was in and Joey was in, we left back home finally.

It felt so free to be home in our little 2 bedroom apartment and not some hospital. I got out of the car and waited for taylor to grab Joey. Taylor and I carried him in the door and everyone was there. My mother, father, sister, friends, all there to greet little Joey.

Taylor sat him down on the couch and said "do you want me to get him out?" I shook my head and said "no, I got it honey" i unbuckled the straps and pulled him out slowly and cradled him in my arms. I sat down on the couch and said "ok, who wants to hold him first? haha" they all laughed and raised there hands. I said "ok, well I think that the person who should hold him first is dad." I handed Joey to dad. "Joe, meet Joey" my dad was just cradling him in his arms as if he were holding me and Natali again. I couldn't help but to tear up seeing my father hold his first grandchild. After my father was done everyone else got a turn and then after everyone left it was just T, me, and Joey and our first night as a family.