chapter twelve

Arms unfolding- dodie

You look out of your window to see him sitting on the curb outside, and you see him hug his knees, and place his chin on them, shivering slightly, still cold. You decide to go outside and apologise for overreacting.

You make your way down the stairs, only to hear a voice behind you.
"What was all that shouting? Where are you going?" Your dad questions.
"It was nothing, dad. I'm just going to step outside for a moment, I'll be back in a minute, don't worry." You say, avoiding eye contact with him, keeping your red face down and pointed to the ground.
"Okay, I guess." He says, rubbing his forehead and groggily walking back up the stairs.

You turn on your heels and grab one of your dads winter coats, opening the door and closing it behind you as quietly as you could.

Aidan snaps his head up, but upon seeing it was you, places his head on his knees that were still bobbing up and down. You sit next to him, placing the coat in between him and yourself. He looks down at the coat, then up at you, then forward again.

"Listen, I.. um, I'm sorry I overreacted." You say softly and sympathetically, picking up the coat and handing it to him, scooting closer to him.
"It's okay.." he says through gritted teeth. You could tell he wasn't in a very forgiving mood, but you just guessed he was only tired and cold. He wraps the warm, thick coat around his shoulders, rubbing his arms.

He lets out a loud, long sigh.
"I'm sorry too, for shouting, and being a drama queen." He says, scooting closer to you as well, and wrapping an arm around your waist.
"And a total asshole dickhead." He adds, making you chuckle. You lay your head in his lap, looking up at the starry night sky, smiling.

"Isn't the sky so beautiful..?" You say, your voice raspy and groggy from the tiredness.
"Hmmm..." You hear him mutter something under his breath (you already know it beyotch) but you couldn't quite make it out.
"Pardon?" You say, looking up at his blushing cheeks, which were very noticeable due to the light of the big moon and the lights on the pavement next to you both, which seemed to be only illuminating you two, putting you both under the spotlight, giving the illusion that it was only you two in this f*cked up world.
"Oh, nothing" he hums.

You zone out, not thinking properly about anything or anyone else, and decide to take proper notice of yourself. You start with sound. You were only listening to the sound of both of your heartbeats, very faint, yet noticeable. And the other faint noises of the night that surrounded you both, but in a comforting way. Touch. You felt Aidan start to knot his fingers through your hair, making you smile wider, and relax more. Taste. You could taste the vanilla lip balm you'd put on earlier. Smell. You could smell Aidan's cologne, and the fresh, winter air filled your nostrils. Sight. You could see someone you'd come to feel strong feelings towards. But in a friendly way, right? That's when you realise.

It was in no way a friendly way.

You slowly drift off to sleep, your head in Aidan's lap, smiling to yourself, and the nice yet strange thought that you have a crush on this amazing person fills your head. The last thing in your memory is the starry night sky, and the sound of distant engines from a main road buzzing past.

*time skip ;)*

You wake up in your bed the next morning to your alarm that sounded louder than usual, feeling horrible. Your eyelids were heavy, and your head ached and felt rather weighted on your shoulders, and when you attempted to get up, it felt almost impossible, the pain in your head becoming less and less bearable. You let out a small groan and throw your head back on your pillow again, letting the memories of last night come flooding back. First the horrid ones about when you and Aidan both fought, making you instantly sad, but then the nice ones from when you made up came back, and you remembered falling asleep on the concrete curb with Aidan. 

Aidan.

Where was he? How did you end up in your bed? You didn't remember waking up even the slightest to go back inside. Then it hits you -again.

You have a big, fat, booming crush on Aidan Gallagher.

How the hell do you take care of your feelings? How do you bury them deep down, so that no one notices? The thing is, Lizzy had already noticed, before you even had. There was no hiding this from anyone. Especially her. She knew you way too well.

The dance scene. You have to do a dance scene with him. With Aidan. One where you have to get intimate, but you knew he'd only be acting. Then it hits you as if you'd just run into a massive, thick (thiccccc) brick wall.

He'd never love you back. At least, not like that.

Tears form in your eyes. You knew you loved him dearly, even if you had only just met him. You try to stay optimistic, pushing all the bad thoughts away, and sit up again, not being - nor expecting - to be successful, like the last time, and your thoughts are suddenly weighing you down a lot. You feel your chest go tight, and a lump in your throat form, and your stomach churn.

You were sick. Perfect.

Suddenly, something else made you feel way more sick than your actual illness. A ping from the side of you. Your phone. The mysterious person texting you horrible things that's none of their concern. You frown to yourself, not daring to look at your phone, not caring who you were ignoring if it wasn't that horrible person. Then, more pings go off. More and more and more. They just come flying through. You ignore your phone, thinking it must be the person spamming you. Little did you know, you were wrong.

A/n

Word count- 1106

HOLY MOTHER OF RAVIOLI WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!!! 2.31K READS?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!! AGHHHHH!! IM TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE THESE CHAPTERS AS FREQUENTLY AS I CAN AND AS GOOD AS I CAN!!
IM ALSO TRYING NOT TO SWEAR WHICH IS HARD FOR ME AS IM ALWAYS SWEARING LMAO :))) BUT YE THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'LL SEE YOU ALL SOON! BYE MY LOVELIESSSS <3