Chapter 1: Awakening

All my life all I've ever known was that hard work and determination can help a man get anywhere in life my father taught me that, if you help others without being asked you will be rewarded my mother taught me that, just be yourself no matter what people think my little sister told me that. Sorry for rambling my name is Y/N L/N I'm 20 years old I live with my teen sister and right now I'm saving a small kitten from being hit by a truck. Honestly I didn't think first I just had left the store after picking up some groceries for my sister and I. Now here I am successfuly saving the kitten but sadly I am not good. As the car hit me I see my sister's face now am on the ground a few broken bones and blood on my face I close my eyes as people run to me the kitten is patting my face with it's paw I slowly stroke it's head. But before I die I see my life flash before my eyes.

Flashback

For the longest time I always liked fantasy games, manga and anime I wasn't a major otaku but if I found something I liked I obsessed over it. I was great at games but not at making friends I learned in life to question people's motives because when I would try to make friends that liked the same stuff I did they'd use me for items, information and money it drove me to become a solo player it carried over to my real life I didn't hang out with coworkers. I learned that one of the best character types in games was the mage class they could learn attack spells that could attack at any range, defensive spells that could either protect or buff up stats, and healing spells but it couldn't replace a sword or shield. I couldn't play games forever I had to raise my sister after our parents died which meant I had to grow up so I played less and less but it didn't mean I stopped.

Flashback Over

After reflecting on my life I finally close my eyes only to be blinded by a bright light. I'm now in a room with 4 other people I pat myself up and down realizing that I'm not dead and all of my injuries are healed. In my hand is wooden staff with a gem in the top. I look at the others they too are confused they also have a weapon one guy had a sword, another a bow, one had a spear there was also one guy who had a shield. I noticed each weapon had a gem in it same as mine. It was then I noticed that there was a group of people around us "it worked" one said "yes their here" another said "the 5 heros" the first said.

A/N: Hey guys I know I said that I would release a chapter for this story on Saturday but I had to get this out now while I was thinking about it that's why this chapter is a bit short but don't worry the next one will be longer. As always thank you for reading and I will see you later.