Chapter 4: Leveling

As time went on I got stronger I learned a spacial magic that can create a space to hold all my items and money. Another thing the spacial magic is good for is that it lets me teleport short distances and when fully leveled up I can teleport back to places I've been before. Besides all that I've been slaying monsters non stop I managed to slay a beast master and absorbed his whip I now can either absorb dead monsters or take control of them and use them when ever right now I can only hold 5 at a time but that number will rise as my level does. My staff also changes form to match it's new power.

I've gotten pretty good at my elemental spells and enhancement spells I've gotten high healing spells with a staff form that focusses on healing and buff spells

My level is about 20 now I've heard rumors that Naofumi has gotten his hands on a party member who's a little on the young side I don't know how young but I'll find out eventually

My level is about 20 now I've heard rumors that Naofumi has gotten his hands on a party member who's a little on the young side I don't know how young but I'll find out eventually. Now that your all caught up on how I've been doing right now I'm fighting a mountain bear their bigger than a normal bear and their meaner too they purposely go for humans and kill them not to eat but for sport I guess. This village hired me to slay all the bears next to their village I killed 3 now I'm down to one and he's a mean sucker. I managed to get it in a river now I use my water spell and control the water to wrap around the bear then I freeze the water and mold the ice to stab the trapped beast killing it. I absorbed a fang and claw from the bear and threw it and the others dead bodies into a rift and went back to the village. The village elder was glad to see me as the others gathered in the square I opened my rift and out fell the bodies of the bears I killed they all gasped at the sight "this should feed you all for a while" I said "thank you kind hero, how will we ever thank you" the village elder said shaking my hand "don't worry about payment just let me know if there is another problem you have and I'll fix it" I said "but how will we get a hold of you?" A lady asked "here" I said as I opened a rift and pulled out an orb "this will send your message to me no matter where I am" I said handing it to the elder. As I began to leave I was stopped "wait my dear hero, you can't leave empty handed" the elder said he then motioned for to men to come up with an old box "this box holds an ancient item that was handed down to our village from the gods I now know why they told our ancestors to hold onto it for so long it was so that we could give it to a hero to possess it" the elder said. I opened the box and found a bright blue stone I held it and felt its power through me "thank you I will protect it" I said bowing to the elder I soon headed out and was on my way to a mine I had heard so much about.

Later That Night

I was sitting down next to a fire I had made myself some stew and was eating it I couldn't imagine not being able to taste anything. While I was eating I was looking at the stone it would react if I put it next to my staff creating small sparks. I decided to absorb the stone when my staff did nothing really happened then a message popped up it said "1 of 6 collected, spacial magic now has max buff" "1 of 6, strange at least the buff is nice"  I said to myself I stoked the fire and went to sleep.

Time Skip

It was a new day and I headed out to that mine I heard about. I found out that the buff the stone gave me enhanced my spacial magic I could now redirect enemies attacks back at them through portals I could also send my attacks through them what I thought was cool was that I could switch places with people using the magic but I still couldn't teleport long distances. I now stood in front of the mine looking in on it I wanted to search for rare crystals to sell for some tomes or potions. While I was walking down in the tunnels I noticed that there was no monsters anywhere then I noticed sounds coming from up ahead. I ran to the source and looked down and saw a young tanuki girl getting scared  by a 2 headed dog attacking an injured Naofumi. I acted fast and jumped down Naofumi was surprised while the girl  I created vines to hold the dog I saw the girl snap out of whatever trance she was in she grabbed a knife and killed the dog. The girl used his name when she killed the dog after that she began to cry while holding Naofumi I walked over to the 2 "what the hell are you doing here?" Naofumi asked "gee is that a way to great a friend" I said sarcastically I helped him up "how've you been?"in I asked "good" he answered "you don't look so good" I responded we fist bumped I noticed the little girl looking at me "and who is this little miss?" I asked holding out my hand she looked at Naofumi he nodded giving her confirmation "my name is Raphtalia" she said shaking my hand I noticed a slave marker on her chest I was a bit angered but I would ask Naofumi about it. "Hey Naofumi we need to talk about something while I heal your ass".

A/N: Hey guys here is the latest chapter in the story I hoped you liked it. I hope your ready for the next one it will be out soon I do hope that the character progression is good if there is anything you want in the story I might add it if enough of you want it. Now as always thank you for reading and as always I will see you later