Chapter 23: The Truth & Ultimatum

This day got a whole lot weirder yes there was a t-rex and yes there was a giant bird which to be honest was kinda awesome but when the bird changed into a small girl like Filo I was a bit surprised I honestly thought Filo was the only one I saw Naofumi and he was probably thinking the same thing. The filolial then spoke to us "I am the filolial queen" Melty said that filolial queen was raised by one of the heros of old which surprised us. After that we introduced ourselves Filo wanted to know if she would get as large as the queen to which the queen said that it would take Filo a long time to get that large. The queen wanted to take us somewhere in her carriage but before we left Naofumi wanted to absorb parts of the demon rex in his shield the queen gave him a look she didn't want Naofumi to absorb an the evil materials from the rex but much to her chagrin he did so anyways.

Time Skip

The queen took us to the ruins of a filolial sanctuary it was late and everyone was hungry so Naofumi and I made dinner I cooked the meat from the demon rex. As I was cooking I began to realize that we were going to need more food as a bunch of filolials that surrounded me. After dinner the queen began to explain that Filo was going to be a candidate for the filolial queen since she was being raised by a hero the queen also expressed her distaste about the five heros hating each other instead of being united I snickered at the thought of me and Naofumi working together with that thick headed pervert Motoyasu. Then something interesting came up the queen brought up the fact that the waves also occur outside of Melromarc so each country summons a hero which actually cleared some things up Naofumi was meant to be summoned in Shieldfreeden and I summoned somewhere else. The goal was so each country gets a hero and then they team up to stop the waves man I felt played by this. After that enlightening truth of things the queen then asked Naofumi and I to make amends with the other three heros as it is necessary for us five to stop the waves and save everyone. I couldn't hold it I laughed "what's so funny?" the queen asked "it's just that you think that I'd actually consider making up with those three idiots" I answered "I don't think you noticed this but it's impossible for us to make amends with them because the way the heros and the entire kingdom of Melromarc" Naofumi said "I became an enemy to them because I wanted proof for the allegations against Naofumi and for the fact that I'm the staff hero" I said. The queen gave us a grim look things got quite fast "fine then if you won't make amends with the other heros then I will kill all of the five heros" the queen said quickly Luna put a blade to the queen's throat and Nitra aimed an arrow at her head "don't even think about hurting Abru" Luna said "I've never missed a shot and I never will" Nitra said  I quickly grabbed them by the ear "enough you two I can handle my own problem" I said scolding them "it looks like everyone is tired and I think we should discuss this tomorrow" I said walking off still holding onto the girl's ears.

Time Skip

After that long night I thought about that threat the filolial queen made would she actually kill all of us could she even do it. I then began to think about actually making amends with the others technically Ren and Itsuki were just going along with things and they seemed like they were actually going to see things for themselves and Motoyasu even though he was pervert it was Malty who tricked him she had him wrapped around her finger. I made breakfast while we were eating the filolial queen went up to Melty then she suddenly trapped her in a magic prison "you will make amends with the other heros" she said "why do you want us to make amends so badly?" I asked "because it honors a promise I made with the hero who raised me" the filolial queen answered "I don't think so" Naofumi said "yeah that's a negative" I said I then equiped the staff I got from absorbing the horn from Abigor.

Naofumi was going to summon his rage shield but the filolial queen stopped him "if either of you interfere I will kill the princess, I want to test Filo for becoming the next filolial queen" she said

Naofumi was going to summon his rage shield but the filolial queen stopped him "if either of you interfere I will kill the princess, I want to test Filo for becoming the next filolial queen" she said. She wanted to see if our parties were strong enough to stop the waves and if Filo won she'd let Melty go and spare our lives. With no other option Filo agreed to fight the filolial queen when the fight began the queen put up barriers to prevent anyone from interfering. As Filo was fighting the queen Naofumi and I began to set up a plan to free Melty from the magic prison. We slowly crept up to the prison and began to try and free Melty but before we could free her the filolial queen stopped us by sending us flying back the attack actually made Naofumi bleed this angered Filo and I could see she started to fight even harder. After some advice from Naofumi Filo managed to form an attack that broke the queen's defense she then declared she would get stronger to protect her friends.

Small Time Skip

After that display the filolial queen admitted that this duel was a judgement and Filo passed she was crowned the successor to be the next filolial queen. The queen gave her crown to Filo which ended up becoming a cowlick in her hair Filo didn't like it so she ripped it out only for it to grow back we laughed at that. Naofumi checked on her stats and found out she'd would get more the stronger she got. After that the queen gave Naofumi one of her cowlicks for his shield to absorb when he did he unlocked the filolial series "this will balance out the evil in your shield" she said "hey what about me" I said "you don't need a filolial feather your demons are too powerful so instead I will give you this, an angle feather" the queen said handing me the feather "with this and the power of infinity you will be a great threat to evil or the heros themselves" she added I absorbed the feather and a message popped up "devine series acquired new holy staff available along with divine spells". After all of that the queen gave Melty a ride to make up for imprisoning her the queen explained to us that fighting the waves would be harder if one of the Cardinal Heros were gone it then was told to us that there would be a choice to make either save the world at the cost of innocent lives or the people. Later that night I saw the queen talking to Naofumi I heard most of what they were saying but I didn't want to seem nosey but she may of said Naofumi was the only one who could bring us together I chuckled a bit "he's going to need a lot of help with that" I thought.

A/N: Alright guys here's the latest chapter it was a good one sorry for not having to much action but there will be in the next one. The standings on the voting have changed since yesterday they are now 6 Wise Man's Grandchild, 4 Black Clover, 1 Soul Eater and 0 Fairy Tail. As always thank you for reading and I will see you later