Chapter 10: Luna And The Golems

After helping Luna relieve herself at the temple we left through a portal to a town I had visited before. The first thing I did was remove that slave collar and crest for the collar I sent a flame out of 2 of my fingers and concentrated the flame almost like a blow torch I made Luna close her eyes and stay still I cut the collar off then I removed the slave crest which wasn't easy it was an intricate type that would need the blood of the original owner and the buyer but I removed it. With that all over I got Luna new clothes and food in her belly I made the mistake of letting her pick whatever she wanted Luna ordered 5 kids meals with extra meat which wasn't cheap. You see with Luna now  I couldn't go look for the other stones or go on quests. What I needed to do was teach her how to read, write and speak full sentences and see if I could get her someone to take care of her. That was weeks ago and I've had little luck with finding a family to take her in I didn't want to leave her at an orphanage because I've seen the treatment of demi humans and I didn't want her to end up as a slave again. Besides that I have managed to get Luna to speak almost full sentences and how to write some sentences but she does have some trouble with reading I think she might be dyslexic. I have noticed that Luna does act like an actual wolf or dog she growls and whimpers like a dog, if I would shake hands with someone she'd later rub her head on me like she was marking me or something. I wondered what Abru meant and why Luna called me her Abru I tried to get her to tell me either she didn't know or she wasn't going to tell me. As days passed I stopped trying to find a home for Luna she wouldn't leave me I did manage to find a wolf demi human family to take her but days later as I was slaying a monster Luna found me. I went back to the family and they explained to me that Luna has picked me to be her new pack she wouldn't leave my side they also told me that Abru could mean anything each family or pack of wood demi humans have their own word for someone important to them. With all that information I decided to just keep Luna I'd take care of her and everything but now she needed to learn how to be useful in battle so much for going solo but honestly it wasn't meant to be someone else would of decided to join me out of honor or something.

Time Skip

I managed to get Luna to not try to bite other people and get her to actually talk to other people. While I took a small quest helping out an old couple and their small business Luna played with the local children at first she wasn't sure she gave me the look "Abru can I play?" she asked giving me the eyes I nodded "play nice okay, come back when I call" I told her she smiled and ran off to play with the kids. The old woman thought Luna was my daughter which was hard to explain but non the less I managed to help them out and when Luna came back she told me everything she did with the other kids and how they where friends now and how jealous they where when they found out that her Abru was a hero.

Time Skip

Another thing that happened was I found out that getting Luna to bathe was like bathing an actual dog. First I took her to a bathhouse and told the ladies there that she was new and that we'd need a private bath. Even with the private bath Luna freaked out she didn't want to get in the water then I hosed her down which made her panic and run through the thin walls she ran through the female section then through the male section and I chased her through both my towel fell down in the female section which was embarrassing some of the ladies stared and the others screamed. All in all it was terrible I lost a lot of money because of that incident and she still smelt bad. Thankfully I knew of a special place I bought all the necessary things and took Luna there through a portal the place was a special hot spring with a waterfall that fed it. Through time and patience I managed to not only get Luna in the bath but I also scrubbed her down she liked her tail being scrubbed as well as her ears. When the bathing was done I relaxed Luna did the same "Luna is sorry if she caused Abru any problems" Luna said I smiled and scratched her head "don't worry about it, your young you'll learn eventually" I told her. That night I noticed a new health bar under mine it had Luna's name and all of her stats I guess the world sees her as a party member.