Chapter 2: A New World

After my initial shock of waking up after being hit by a truck and being in a room with 4 others and a bunch of people in robes looking at us like where special or something. Right of the bat 3 of them where already discussing payment about their help while the guy with the shield and I where still in shock. The robed men promised us an explanation and began to lead us to their king for answers. We where lead to a large throne room and their was the king he was old man sitting on his throne. The king asked us to introduce ourselves the guy with the sword began "I am Ren Amaki and I guess I'm the Sword Hero" then the spear guy went "I'm Motoyasu Kitamura and looks like I'm the spear hero" then the guy with the bow went "I am Itsuki Kawasumi and I have the bow making me the bow hero" the king looked at me so I went "I'm Y/N L/N and I guess I'm the staff hero" I said the guy with the shield started "I'm Naofumi...." he manage to say before the king interrupted him and began talking about these things called waves I thought it was rude to interrupt the poor guy but I didn't say anything. The king went on and explained that their world was in danger from these things called Waves of Calamity and it was our responsibilities as the new Cardinal Heros and once the waves where stopped we could return home. Hearing that made me think of how my sister was gonna do without me there to take care of her then the fact that I was pretty sure I died before I came here would I stay dead when I went back or would it be as if nothing happened. The king promised us that we would be treated as heros forever the king then explained our weapons could send us back to our world under highly favorable conditions which put me at ease with the whole me being dead thing. Another important thing was that tomorrow we would be given party members to help us on our journey. I had so many questions I wanted to ask but we where sent to a room that was prepared for us. Now in the room we all sat around we all asked each other questions like how old we were and where did we come from. Motoyasu was 21 years old and he lived in Japan, next was Ren and he was 16 and from Japan, then there was Itsuki he was 17 and from Japan, then it was me I was 20 and I was from Japan then lastly was Naofumi he was also 20 and from Japan. An interesting thing came up we may of all been from Japan but we were from a different Japan like different universes which we learned had different histories my and Naofumi's came closer then the others. A big discovery was that all of us had this magic called Appraisal which let us look at the stats of our weapons and other items. All of us except Naofumi played games that where similar to this world meaning he had less experience than all of us. We discussed our classes Naofumi was the shield which held the title of "loser class" I felt bad for him but I knew the shield was very useful plus he could probably wield a sword if there wasn't a system that could prevent him from wielding one.

Time Skip

Morning soon came and all of us got ready and went to the king's throne room. There we stood then a large group of adventurers entered the king explained that we couldn't level up if all the heros formed 1 party because our weapons wouldn't allow it which made me confused wouldn't us working together when a wave came count as us helping each other. Soon the king told the adventurers to choose a party a man with an axe, a girl with a bow and a guy with a sword joined my party. I looked over and saw everyone had a party except for Naofumi I felt sorry for him as he looked around confused. The king looked troubled at this "I was afraid of this" the king said Naofumi tried bargaining with us to give him some of our party members the king looked at the adventurers and they didn't say anything "he can have all of mine" I said surprising them and the others "why would you do that dear staff hero?" the king asked I looked at him and said simply "I like to go solo my class can work alone unlike Naofumi, he has no attack power he can only defend which works out because I don't need them and he does". Instead of joining Naofumi they leave "harsh" I said now with no one Naofumi began to wallow in pity until a girl from Motoyasu's party spoke up she offered to join his party which cheered him up. I became suspicious of her when she clung to Naofumi I've seen gold diggers before along with people who use others. The king told us that we would have an allowance of 500 silver coins each month but for right now we where given 600 silver coins while Naofumi was given 800 for not having a large. Before I left I could see the king glaring at Naofumi then he glared at me for some "weird" I thought. We later went on to the gates of the kingdom before we left we all wished each other luck then parted ways. I didn't leave right away I walked around the city looking for gear I saw Naofumi and his partner Myne going into a blacksmith shop I found a magic tailor shop the clerk was a bald man with a flame mark on his eye. "Well if it isn't the great staff hero" he said "hello do you have any robes under 600 silver coins?" I asked the man "um I don't know why don't you look around" the man said. I searched for awhile and found a white cloak for 50 silver coins

"I'll take this" one I said "excellent pick sir hero since it's so cheap and has little to no defense I'll tailor in some armor pieces for an extra 100 silver coin" the clerk suggested I agreed and bought it

"I'll take this" one I said "excellent pick sir hero since it's so cheap and has little to no defense I'll tailor in some armor pieces for an extra 100 silver coin" the clerk suggested I agreed and bought it. As I was leaving to head out to the field I checked the robes stats and it had no item name under it's description said it would get stronger as I leveled up making it the only robe I needed. I also bought some healing items for cheap just in case then I left to go fight monsters. All I could find was these balloon creatures and began firing simple fire balls and lightning bolts with some wind slashes. I noticed the others and saw their parties where watching them fight "guess their waiting for stronger foes" I said to myself. As I popped another balloon I saw Naofumi kill a balloon he turned to Myne then looked over to me I clapped some then he smiled we'd beat the waves I was sure of it promised that I'd return to my sister. The day went on I kept slaying balloons until it started to get dark I went to a pub and sat down and bought myself some food and a drink I noticed Naofumi and Myne where here as well they rented a room. I payed no real attention to them "watch him get some" I said I checked my skills I level up 3 levels today then I noticed my mana was already fully restored I checked my skills and found out I unlocked a special skill since my weapon requires mana to attack I regenerate mana faster than the other heros and the higher my level the faster it gets "sweet, how convenient" I said. I left the pub and found another inn to stay at that was cheaper than the pub. I quickly fell asleep and began to plan out tomorrow.

Time Skip

I awoke to Motoyasu waking me up "come on Y/N we have to hurry" he said I was still groggy "what are you talking about?" I asked "no time we're needed by the king" Motoyasu said dragging me out the door. As we where running to the castle I managed to get Motoyasu to explain something to me all he said was that Naofumi crossed a line and Myne was hurt. I didn't know what happened but I didn't like it one bit.

A/N: Hey guys here's the latest chapter in the story sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger but it's a necessary thing. I will release another chapter soon so hang on. As always thank you for reading and I will see you later