14

Present

RAYN'S FACE WENT pale. She raised her hand up to her nose to find blood dripping. Due to it dripping slowly she easily wiped off the blood.

Something bad has happened here.

☆☆☆

Rayn's cold orbs closely eyed Anakin as she wiped the blood from her nose. Anakin eyed her back, his blue orbs speaking to her. Trying to show her something.

The blood was gone, but not without Padmé noticing, "Rayn, your nose!"

"It's fine. Probably affects from the-" Rayn didn't want to admit that someone had almost succeeding in killing her and her sister, "th-the explosion." She quickly finished.

Padmé nodded nervously and guided the group to start the meeting. With Jar Jar, Rayn, and Padmé on one couch facing Obi-Wan and Anakin on the other.

"I am Captain Typho, head of your Majesty's wonderful Security Service of the Galactic Republic. Queen Jamila has already been informed of the situation." Typho nodded in Rayn's way, she smiled at the compliment of her Service.

"I am very grateful you Jedi are here, the situation is more dangerous than these two will admit." Captain Typho continued.

"Now, Captain Typho," Rayn started, "I have younglings swinging their lightsabers around Grand Master Yoda and me all the time." Rayn grinned, "I'm sure this is barely anything to worry about." A chuckle ran through the room.

"I want answers. I want to know who is trying to kill me." Padmé took a quick start to the briefing, bluntly putting her opinion out as the laughter died down.

"Senator," Obi-Wan started, "Our mission is to protect you, not start an investigation."

"We will find out who's trying to kill you Padmé." Anakin defied.

"What?" Obi-Wan replied scarily angry.

"I mean it in the interests of protecting her, Master. Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi!" Anakin raised his tone.

"We will listen to do what the Council has specifically told us to do in order." Obi-Wan continued, "We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin. And you will pay attention to my lead."

"Why?" Anakin once again defied his Master.

"What?" Obi-Wan asked again.

"They both deserve answers, and we are just the right people to give it to them. We've done investigations like this before. What's stopping the Council from assigning us an investigation this time." Anakin explained.

The two girls, as well as Jar Jar and Captain Typho, stared at the argument occurring right before their eyes.

Jeez, Rayn used force telepathy in order to communicate with Padmé, Was he always this rebellious?

Very much so, unfortunately. Or fortunately, if that's how you like them, was Padmé's response. Rayn sent a red, embarrassed and shocked face towards Padmé.

Padmé! She chided. The two managed not to giggle and expose their force communication and Padmé's abilities. Rayn had taught her how to move with the force and use it to her advantage, but she couldn't let Padmé walk around without concealing her powers. So, she taught her how to subtly mask her Force Presence.

I do suppose he's decent..., Rayn admitted to Padmé.

More than decent? Padmé pressed on.

Decent. Rayn said nothing more.

The duo continued to argue whether the investigation was even necessary. "We will not exceed our mandate, Anakin!" Obi-Wan scolded.

"But-" Anakin was cut off.

"No!"

"They're in danger!"

"That's why we are protecting them."

"Them!?" Rayn shouted, caught off guard. How could she have not seen this coming?A laugh came from Anakin.

"Well, Master." Anakin paused, "What do you have to say for this one?"

Obi-Wan heaved a terribly heavy sigh, "Blast."

☆ ☆ ☆