A year ago today...

Liam pov

When Louis started banging on the door Madi came running out of the room and to the kitchen. Niall looked confused and a little hurt. Zayn started after her but Louis pulled him back and nodded towards me to go. When I got to the kitchen I found Madi sitting on the floor crying. I walked to her and sat down beside her and started rubbing her back. She slowly lifted her head and looked at me. She forced a smile and stood up. Niall walked in and he started walking towards her. I started shaking my head no but when he opened his arms Madi walked into him. She started crying again. Niall looked as confused as I felt. I mouthed “why is she crying?” and niall just shrugged. Madi pulled away and looked at both of us.

“Sorry for crying. Im not exactly sure why I started crying but thanks for being there for me”

“No problem Madi. Umm sorry for being nosy but what were you two doing in there?”

Niall started blushing and Madi's eyes widened. I just shook my head as I figured out what they did. They had been snogging or worst, but probably only snogging knowing them two.

“Ahhh so you were crying... because...we were still in the house. Or things went farther than you wanted them to?”

Now madi was blushing and Nialls eyes were wide. They were so similar it was crazy. Of course I still had feelings for Madi. But I was happy with Dani and madi and Niall were just so perfect for each other. They were the cutest couple I had ever seen. They completed each other.

“For your info Liam I was crying.. because you guys still managed to interrupt us,”

“Madi, dont lie, I know you too well and you are just like Niall so rewind and tell me the truth.”

“Liam just let it go. It really has nothing to do with you. Madi will tell us when she is ready”

Madis pov

Liam could tell I was lying but Niall was sweet about it. Of course I need to tell Niall sooner or later and sooner would be the best time. Niall was running his hands through my curls and I leaned back against him. He was humming a song that I had never heard before.

“Madi why are we standing? I mean I love spending time with you and I still want to spend time with you but can we like sit?”

“Oh sorry Niall. Umm we need to talk anyways”

“ohh. Ummm uhh ok.”

“so this day a year ago... my mum died in a car accident and im not with my family and its hard.”

By now tears were streaming down my face. Niall pulled me closer and took me to the couch and pulled me into his lap.

“Shh im here for you. Babe do you want anything to eat. Your stomach just made a noise”

I was too busy crying to notice that my stomach was growling.

“Can you get me ice cream?”

“Of course, love. What kind?”

“Can I just go with you? I dont want to have to explain it to the other lads. I might cry again. Please?”

“Do you really think that I would deny spending time with you? You are my everything. I need you, so I would love it if you come with me.”

“Lets go before the lads come in here”

Zayns pov

I was walking Towards the living room when I overheard Niall and Madi. She was asking for ice cream and she wanted to go with him because she didnt want to explain something to the rest of us. Then Niall was being all prince charming on her and said that she was his everything. It was going to be very hard to get her by herself when Niall was with her all the time or the other lads were holding me back. I was going to go comfort her but Louis held me back and Liam went instead. He used to like her as well so why can they trust him but not me? I mean seriously. I should be with Madi. Not Niall. She said once that she didnt like clingy boyfriends. But isnt that what Niall is? Niall is my best mate and all or was before he stole my girl. Niall was getting off the couch and pulling Madi behind him. I was in their way and Madi just stared at me with an embarrassed expression on her face. She was holding Nialls hand and when he brought her closer to him she let him instead of doing the usual of kissing his cheek and whispering stuff in his ear to make him smile. I always wanted to know what she said to him. Why cant that be me she is whispering to? I knew her first. I loved her first. She was mine first. But niall gets her last. Or so he thinks. I will make her mine soon. Niall walked around me before I got a chance to ask what was wrong.