Chapter 25

The grieving proccess was the hardest thing I had ever experienced. I went through a long battle with depression and constant emotional agony.

Today was the funeral service and burial, and potentially the hardest day of all.

I slipped on the same black dress I had worn to the after party that night. When Cameron had still been alive and well, playing pool with his best friend.

I wore those same heels I had that same night. My hair was pulled back into a sad, low ponytail and I wore a light amount of makeup because I knew that was the way Cameron would have wanted it.

I looked at my phone one last time and hoped for a text from ‘Big Brudder’ to appear on my unlcoked screen but I was dissapointed when I pressed the home button.

The pain I was feeling was like when you crack your phone screen. You use your phone every day, and you have to look at that ugly cracked screen every single time you pick up your phone. Every time you study those cracks it reminds you of the unfortunate time when you dropped something that valuable. And you think back to those times before your screen was cracked, when you could run your fingers over the screen without wincing in pain as peices of glass enter your finger.

******

My head stayed down, and my sad eyes watched as my now lifeless brother was lying there in his casket. I was called up to speek on my brother’s behalf.

“What do I have to say about Cameron Alexander Dallas? He was my big brother, the best I could ask for. But he was also my friend. The best I could ask for. Those who knew Cameron knew his kind nature and his loving spirit. A characteristic only some were lucky enough to know about was his protectivness. I used to despise this about him, I constantly complained about him and how he was over-protective. But he cared, and he cared deeply for me and I know now that’s where that personality trait came from. I’ve never been more appreciative for someone in my life than Cameron and-” My voice cracked as tears rolled down my cheeks. “It was too soon for this beautiful soul. I don’t even think someting as wonderful as heaven deserves this angel.” I finished and then walked off the podium.

We listened to other friends and family speak about Cameron, and some apoligized for our loss, as if it were their fault. But I didn’t blame Chelsea, pinning the blame on someone would only make the situation harder to deal with.

Whoever’s fault it was, Cameron was gone. And that was it. He was gone.

*******

Sad ending, I know.

I cried several times during the making of this chapter.

Thank you guys for reading my fanfiction!

I hope that this one was a good one! And the ending doesn’t ruin it lol.

I love you all, xxx

Bailey.