twenty ; choose

(thank you for 1.32K <3)

d e t r o i t - 2 0 3 8

Markus and North arrived after me, and then Simon and Josh.

Josh looked down in disappointment. "We're short on blue blood and biocomponents. Our wounded are shutting down and there's nothing we can do!"

On the other hand, Simon was calm and collected. "President Warren is saying we're a threat to national security and we need to be exterminated."

I said what I knew from the others. "The humans are conducting raids in all the big cities and they're taking androids to camps to destroy them."

Simon sighed, and shook his head.

"It's a disaster. They're slaughtering our people!"

Josh sighed too, and waved a hand in the air. "It's all our fault. None of this would have happened if we'd just stayed quiet!"

Markus argues, "We couldn't just suffer in silence, they're killing us! Nothing is gonna justify that."

"What's the point of being free if no one is left alive?"

We fell silent for a few moments at Josh's statement.

Is there another way out of this? Sooner or later, they'll locate Jericho

With an android detective as intelligent as Connor?

Sooner or later, they'll slaughter us here.

"Humans enslaved us! I'll never regret standing up to that," Markus exclaimed.

Simon looked at Markus. "We shouldn't forget who our enemies are. We can't fight amongst ourselves."

"He's right," I agree with Simon. He looked at me and nodded.

"All that matters now is what we do next. Markus?" North faced the leader of Jericho, and so did us.

He looked down in thought.

"Dialogue."

North looked disappointed, yet Josh looked pleased with Markus' decision.

"It is the only way... I will go alone, try to talk to them one last time."

"Don't do this, Markus. They'll kill you!" North pleads.

"Maybe..." Markus trails off. "But North, I have to try. If I don't come back, lay low as long as you can."

Simon walked to Markus, and put a hand on his shoulder. "Just come back."

"