Speachless.

As Zane and I walk down an unknown street, I can't help but wonder where I am... Where Alexandria is... What Nash is planning against me.

"I'm not that bad, you know." Zane looks down at me, while taking a drag from his cigarette.

So quick to his assumptions... "You're not?"

"No... My brother just hates me because my parents do." He shrugs and looks forward.

"So you're not going to hurt me?" I smirk up at him.

He chuckles, "I may put up a hard front, but I couldn't hurt a fly."

Zane and I walk down the narrow sidewalk, passing by random houses that were raised up far above our heads, "Why does your brother think that you're going to?"

Zane runs his hand through his shaggy blonde hair, "It's kind of a long story... An untrue one, but long..."

"Well," I motion toward the sidewalk in front of us, "It seems as if we've got time."

"There's not enough time in the world for the story of my life."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"What about you, why did you move here?" He looks down at me.

"Long, complicated story." I look up at the sky.

A long silence fills the air as we walk... Not a comfortable one... Zane purses his lips, and scratches at the back of his neck as we walk.

"How old are you?" I find myself asking.

"17. how old are you?"

"Almost 17..." I bite my lip, "How old is Nash?"

"17."

"So you guys are..."

"Twins."

"I thought twins were supposed to like each other? Aren't they supposed to have some sort of eternal bond and shit?"

He shrugs, and throws his cigarette on the ground in front of him,"You'd think."

Out of ideas, I shrug, "I don't know what to talk about with you."

"Would you rather be at the house with my lame ass brother, talking about how drunk he is, and probably settling into bed with him?"

"No..."

He shrugs, "You're not like the others."

"I look up at him, "How are the others?"

Zane looks deliberately at the ground, obviously trying to think of the perfect way to word what he's thinking about, "My brother is a people pleaser." he bites the inside of his cheek, "He's one of those stupid jocks." he rolls his eyes.

"And what would you consider yourself?"

Zane thinks for a second, "A person."

"Just a person?" I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"I'm not into that judgmental shit." He sits down on the sidewalk, "Labeling is stupid."

I sit down next to him, "Your logic makes no sense."

"No?"

I rest my elbow on my leg, and rest my head in my hand, "Nope."

"And how is that?"

"You're the one who was just calling me a rich bitch about 20 minutes ago."

Zane flashes me a wicked smile, "That was a test."

I scoff, "So what, we're in school now?"

Zane shakes his head, "We might as well be."

I get up from the sidewalk and pull my phone out of my bra, "Do you know where," I look at the address on the screen of my iPhone, "704. Cypress Drive is?"

"It's just a few blocks from here, why?"

"I want to go home." I shrug.

"You want me to take you home?" he winks at me.

"I would like you to escort me to the premises of my living facilities, yes."

"Such fancy words for a girl wearing such a short skirt."

I gawk at him, "Alexandria picked it!"

Zane lets out a low laugh and shakes his head, "Of course Alexandria picked it out."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Zane smiles and shakes his head, "That girl is a skank." He spits out the word "Skank" like it's filthy.

"You know, you're kind of a hypocrite." I narrow my eyes at him.

He smiles, obviously entertained, "And how is that?"

"You do a lot of judging for someone who doesn't believe in judging."

"I haven't even judged you yet, so what do you care?" He puts his hands behind his head as he walks.

"I'm just stating a point."

"You're being kind of bitchy, you know that?" he states as we stop at the sidewalk in front of my window.

"And you're kind of being a douche." I scoff before turning to walk towards my window. What a dick!

Before I can get far, he grabs my wrist and turns me so I'm facing him. He pulls me so close that I can smell his warm breath... Minty warm breath...

"But you're also cute... In a non bitchy way..." He whispers softly.

Am I imagining what is happening right now?

Zane inches closer to my face, and I can feel his breath mingling with mine, having it's own silent conversation... I'm defiantly not imagining this... Oh my god... I can't fucking breathe, I can't breathe... My oxygen flow is GONE.

He lightly laughs,"I don't even know your name..."

The words he's saying aren't registering... All I can focus on is how close this desperately hot guy is to me... Is he really going to kiss me? Seriously?!

His face gets close enough that I can feel his lips as they move, but they're still not touching mine, "Still not gonna give, huh?" he smiles.

I didn't think he'd do it, but suddenly he cups my face with his hands and presses his lips to mine.

His kiss as light as air, yet as hard as rock, the last of my breath was gone. His breath smelled like mint and cigarettes, and it was the single best smelling thing I have ever smelled in my entire life.

As soon as it happened, it ended. Sadly for me... I really didn't want it to end...

Zane pulled away, and put his forehead against mine, "Go to bed, kid."

Before I can register what's happening, Zane is walking away with his back to me.

"Wait," I whisper-shout.

Zane stops and turns around, "Yes?" He asks quietly.

"My name is Rae."

Soooo. There's that. (;

Picture to the right is Rae