Screw Logic

Kissing Zane was like nothing that I'd ever done before.

No roller coaster or thrill ride had ever been able to give me this high...

I tangle my hands in his hair and he pulls me closer and closer to his body.

He picks me up off of the ground and lays me down on the bed, "Fucking finally." I hear him mumble against my lips.

Finally what? "What?"

He chuckles, pulling back from me for only a moment, "I've waited so freaking long for this." He shakes his head.

"What. The. Fuck." I hear somebody say from the door.

No. This isn't happening to me.

Is my life supposed to be a vicious cycle of "What the fuck?" or is karma just smacking me around because of things that I've done in the past?

"You've got to be freaking kidding me!" The person shouts.

I feel Zane pause all of his motions, and he lets out a soft chuckle as he winks down at me.

"Out of all of the guys, you seriously choose him? Seriously Rae?" The person shouts again.

I look over at Kahale standing in the door with some girl who looks to be about 20, "You couldn't go for his brother or something? Come on." He shakes his head as he walks into the room, pulling Zane from me.

I feel as if something is ripping inside of me as he does this... Not being with Zane doesn't feel right.

"Step off!" Zane shouts in his face.

Kahale takes a step towards him, "What are you? Some little kid from school of rock?" Kahale pushes him back a step, "What are you doing with my little sister?"

Zane takes closes the distance between the two of them by pushing his chest up against his, "First of all, she's your cousin, second of all, if you really thought of her as a sister you wouldn't have made her walk home when she got her ass kicked and suspended."

Kahale raises an eyebrow down at him, "And who's fault was that?"

"That you couldn't help her? I'm pretty sure that's yours."

I can literally feel the testosterone clogging up the room. It's suffocating me.

"Boys-" I try, but Kahale cuts me off.

"No, I'm not talking about that," Kahale lets out a chuckle, "Who's fault is it that she got her ass kicked?"

Zane glances at me for a second before looking at Kahale again, "That do-"

With their chests still pressed up against each others, Kahale takes a step towards Zane, "No, I'm pretty sure it does matter, who was she defending? What was she doing? Why was she targeted?"

Zane holds the gaze in Kahale's eye, "She was targeted because of me."

"If she was targeted because of you, why are you still here?"

I see a flash of pain go through Zane's eyes, but it quickly disappears, "I'm here because her asshole family isn't."

Kahale inhales a deep breath through his nose, and exhales it through his mouth, I watch as he leans in really close to Zane's face.

You have to strain to hear the words that escaped his lips before tackling Zane to the ground, "I'm here now motherfucker."

**************************

Zane POV:

As I feel Kahale's arms grip me by the sides and take me down to the ground, all I can think of is, "That was worth it."

He lets out a growl as he pins me down to the ground, his arm pressing down on my neck, "You're never going to talk to her ever again!" He screams down at me.

No matter which way you spin this situation, there's only one way out.

Think of Kahale as quicksand. The more you struggle, the faster you sink.

The more I argue, the more I get hurt, and the more time it takes me to get air into my lungs once again.

The only logical choice is to tap out and leave her alone, correct?

With any other girl, tapping out and leaving her alone would be my first and only option. I would pick it without hesitation.

But with Rae... I couldn't just let her go. At first, sure, she was a fun little play to piss off my brother. But now I can't stop. She's got me hooked like a drug.

Tell me this, if you had the best drug in the world that only made your life better, and you were offered everything to give it up, would you?

"FUCK YOU!" I spit at him, giving him the rest of my air supply.

Yeah, I wouldn't either.

_________________

Short Chapter. Sorryyyyyy.