Ashes

I rubbed my eyes as I tried to focus on the numbers in front of me the dark room seemed to surround me, and I felt rather jumpy in the dark room all by myself with sea creatures swimming around me. 

          At first, I was elated to have this internship, but as I learned later on even I could not find joy in looking at numbers for hours. I sighed as I contemplated turning off my laptop and going home, although I chided myself because I didn't want to be swamped with any more work. I had become remarkable unproductive in the past week having only completed maybe only one page. 

         Ever since I had found that book it was all that I could think about reading page after page finishing it in only one night. Then read it again the next. Never before had I read something like this, where men and women married each other. That people of different genders could love each other and love each other freely. It excited me to no ends. I remembered feeling a fluttering sensation in my stomach when I heard what Noah had said to Allie. I read that chapter again and again utterly surprised that a man would hang from a Faris wheel just so a girl could go out with them. 

         I had taken to carrying it with me for fear of my Momma or Nanay coming into my room and finding it. I couldn't imagine the reaction that they would have found a book with such a story. 

       But most amazing of all it said that it was written by a man. Men could never learn how to read and write their brains aren't capable of it. But this book leads me to think differently.

       I try to focus on the different genes displayed on the screen in front of me but I begin to doze off. My head hits the desk and I jump back my chair slipping out from under me. My computer turns off and I'm plunged into darkness. I try and feel around for my bag but I wasn't able to find it. So I grab my e-phone and turn on the light. But what I see in front of me is one of the fish it begins to glow pulsing as the light shines on it. I'm entranced by the lights as it begins to change form growing bigger as it grows scales then suddenly it begins to wail, a heart-wrenching sound that tears at my ears. Sound can't travel through water, what is this? I turn on the video on my phone in order to capture the reaction and study it later.  

Suddenly the scales of the creator turn red as they begin to fall off turning black. It is almost as if the fish is melting from the inside out. Then it dissolves into nothing, all that is left is flaky ash.  

-------------------------

Omigod 121 reads *squeal* Thank you guys so much you are the best that I could possibly hope for! Just hang in there okay I promise you'll hear more from Res later ;). Love you to pieces. 

-The Scribbler