War is Dawning

They locked me in a car leaving my handcuffs on before attaching them to the inside of the car. This hole thing is surreal it's almost as if I'm watching myself begin taken to my death becuase this can't be happening. Res can't have died, and that's not even the worst part I killed him becuase I was the one who made that fricking shot in the first place. 

There was a gunshot outside the door, and I hear bodies thump on the outside, as the car jerks to a stop. I strain my ears to hear what's happening on the outside of the doors but I'm unable to hear anything. 

The doors jerk open as a figure cloaked in black with a machine gun steps inside the truck. The bodies of the guards who were walking with the vehicle are laying on the floor.  

"Anusha?" I ask. 

"I can't believe I had to save your sorry ass again." She says rolling her eyes. "Come on men drive this damn thing there are eyes everywhere." The men outside close the door and run to the front of the car starting the engine as a boy climbs in the back. 

"Noise!" I say happy tears falling down my face. He hugs me shaking. 

"This little urchin came running after us a bullet in his leg. He's one lucky kid." Anusha says smiling faintly. "I told him only adults on this rescue mission but he climbed in without us knowing, he's a stealthy little dude." I laughed as Noise showed off a toothy grin before plopping down next to me. 

We rode in silence. 

"What happened to the rest of the men?" I ask her. 

"The men who made it abord the buses were able to get away because that employer of yours was preoccupied with getting you fired." She sighed, "But the rest of them were all killed from the vaccination." 

"About how many?" I ask her. 

"About half a million is our lowest guess but it was probably more." She says looking out the window.  

"What about Res?" I ask her. She looks back at me wryly. 

"I don't know. I sent a team to retrieve him too but the outlook is grim" She tells me, but deep down I know that he's gone, becuase what I built was foolproof. 

"Why did you come back to get me ?" I ask, my voice soft as I hug my knees to my chest. 

"Becuase your the one who started this thing, and you have to finish it."  

"Give it up Anusha, we lost, they have the serum." She looked at me like I'd lost my mind. 

"No babydoll the war has just begun."