There's something I want to show you

My eyes burned from being attached to the computer screen for so long. I rubbed them and tried to tear up a little in order to make them water, but no dice. 

   I had been over every single gene, dissected them tried to add light to them from genes that existed in other creatures, and in the animals sister fish but I wasn't able to find out what had caused the animal to melt in on its self. 

I put my hand on my mouth and gave a muffled scream willing myself to think what could it possibly be, what caused such a reaction? 

I glanced over at the animal admiring how different it was from any other that I had ever come across. So beautiful, so majestic. Unlike any other. 

And then it hit me, what made the animal different was the reaction to light. So the gene that must have caused that reaction was the gene that was unlike any other animal. 

I scrolled through all the genes knowing off the top of my head wich genes already had a match. 

Chromosome a 

Chromosome 2a3

The door burst open and accompanied by a symphony of heels clicking on the floor.  

 'Elena I-" 

"It's Mrs.Arias- Black, to you." 

"What do I owe the pleasure to Mrs.Arias-Black?" 

"What did you do with the creature?" She asked me, her eyes burning. 

"Wha-what do you mean." 

"They were counted last night and one was missing there absolutely no trace of where it was and what had happened to it." She seethed. 

"I don't know-" 

"Don't lie to me, you were the only one in here when the animal went missing. So tell me what did you do to it? Give it to an illegal corporation? Sell it for some sort of medicine?" She asked me. 

"No I swear, it was an accident! I was looking for my bag so I turned on the light of my e-phone and it melted. " 

"Melted." She looked at me like I was crazy. 

"I have proof," I said to her searching in my bag for the e-phone, flipping to the video. 

I showed it to her, it displayed the melting of the animal. 

She began pacing. 

"I'm so sorry Ma'am." 

"You're still fired." She said biting her nails. 

"Ma'am, before you kick me out, I think that I know what gene had caused the reaction." 

"What?" She walked over to my computer. 

"It's the Chromosome 2a3, it's the only chromosome that no other creature known to women know of this chromosome." 

"Meaning that the chromosome must have been the cause of the reaction! You're a genius!" She said grabbing my shoulders and giving them a squeeze. 

"Am I still fired?" I asked. 

"Well, I obviously can't trust you to follow my instructions. And you did kill a priceless specimen that was part of a research project meaning that we might even have to re-start it. So I will have to have you move to a different position" She said. 

"I'll see you Monday." She nodded her head. 

"Thank you I promise, I won't let you down," I said to her.      

"Oh and go get some sleep, you look like death." She said walking over to my computer staring at the screen. 

I grabbed the things from underneath my desk and headed out the door. 

------------------

The air was icy as I walked out of the building. That's when I let the revelation of what had just happened hit me like a train. 

"YES! YES YES YES!" I said jumpy up and down lading on my back in the snow. 

"Wow, I didn't really take you for the jumpy type." I look up and see Res standing over me smiling a demonic smile. 

"Uhmm...hi Res," I said to him, shaking my head to be reassured by a slight sting at my hairline. Unsure of what to say. 

"Hey, Princess." He said his dark hair blending into the night sky. It had been a week since I'd seen him last, and for every secound, that wasn't consumed by school or work it was consumed by him. And for every particle of my being that wanted to see him and be near him. There was equally as many that never wanted to see him again. 

"Come there's something I want to show you." 

-------------------------

Hey my Beautiful Beautiful people, 

Thank you so so much for reading my book it makes me so happy. I can't believe I already reached 191 reads! It's crazy. 

Please please comment you guys I really want to know what you have to say. 

Thank you it means the world to me that you read my stuff, come back tomorrow for more!

XOXO

-The Scribbler