Chapter 14

(watch for PoV changes)

Oliver's pov

My fingers tightened around the steering wheel tightly as I drove down the street looking for amber in every part of town.

She knew.

And there was no way I could hide it now.

It was starting to get darker, and later, and I was freaking out more by the second. I slammed on my brakes as I jerked forward at the sudden stop, I groaned slightly at my sudden idiotic reaction to the dark figure on the cliff. I put my car in park and turned off my car, watching. checking.

Making sure I wasn't about to run up on a stranger.

I licked my dry lips and got our of my car, I shut the door silently, I looked around as I knew it was her when I saw her car at the bottom of the cliff/ hill area, I shoved my keys in my pocket and walked towards her, I ran up the hill and silently watched as she sat on the edge of the cliff, watching the night stars, her hair flowing slightly.

"Why didn't you answer my calls." I asked softly as I glanced at her phone, she jumped but turned seeing me in the moonlight.

"Cause I don't want to talk to you?" she said as a question but knew it was a statement clearly. I lowered my head and cleared my throat.

"I know why you are mad." I paused. "and I understand why you should be."

"Do you really Oliver?" she asked laughing dryly, my stomach sank slightly. "how would you feel if I kept a secret like this from you. Everyone I've talked to has told me to be careful or is absolutely terrified of you. why is that?" She asked as she stood up and stared at me, I shifted on my feet and sighed.

"Cause I'm dangerous." I said simply, I could practically here her heartbeat as I could feel her nervousness and see her eyes widen as she was not expecting that answer.

"W-what." She stuttered, I nodded simply.

"Yes, I'm dangerous, but only when I want to be, but with you it's different. I know you probably think I'm going to hurt you, but I would never, ever, even think about touching you in that certain way."

"What if you do one day?" She asked softly her throat sounding constricted.

"I wouldn't."

"I don't know that's true." she paused. "Oliver you hurt people for fun, and you keep it from me?"

"I kept it from you cause it could cause danger."

"Danger?" she asked her face turning pale, I smacked myself for saying the words.

"Yes danger, I'm dangerous to get attached to that's why I never opened up to anyone. cause everyone ends up leaving, hurting me. that's why I started boxing, cause the pain was just bottled up, so I let it out in force." I paused looking at her as she started in silence. "Except for you."

"What about me?"

"You are different." I paused as she stared. "you stayed, I don't know what it was, but I wanted to keep the feeling you gave me." I licked my lips. "if you want me to leave, I understand. I'm a nuisance, I always am." I said dryly turning on my heel to my car as I walked down the hill, pure silence sound me, my heart sunk into my stomach as I heard no footsteps, no yell for my name, nothing.

I swallowed the constricting lump in my throat and got in my car as I started the car and drove off quickly.

Ambers pov