Chapter 4

I slipped my shoes on my feet as I put my phone into my back pocket. I walked out my bedroom door as I walked down the stairs.

"Night mom see you later dad."

"Bye hun, text one of us when you get there." my mom said as she walked up the stairs I looked at my dad and smiled.

"I will, thanks for letting me go."

"Be safe sweetie."

"I will." I said as I walked out the front door, I got in my car as i headed to a party, yet in my parents eyes I was going to a sleepover.

I am almost 18, I'm not a baby anymore.

"You can go?!" my friend Audrey asked answering her phone sounding excited.

"Yeah they think I'm coming over to sleepover." I said to her, a small laugh escaping my mouth.

"Sweet." She said and giggled slightly.

"See you in a few."

"yes ma'am." She said I smile hanging up my phone as I plugged it into the auxiliary cord and played Sublime softly, I picked up Audrey as we headed to the party.

When we arrived teenagers where scattered all around the giant property.

The people who were hosting the party were as rich as it comes, I was stoked to come.

"This place is huge."

they had enough land to build a farm, with a small area to get into the water at by the back, I parked and got out of the car, the sound of the music played and teens laughing and screaming.

Not even 10 o'clock and they were all shit faced.

"good god." I mumbled at the slutty girls all around me, Audrey laughed/scoffed along with me at the disgusting girls that think they are classy.

"gross." she laughed out, I smiled and nodded as I made sure to lock my car and we headed inside.

"oh my god."

"What?" I asked softly, she looked at me and smiled.

"Oliver's here."

i rolled my eyes.

"Fuck." I said as I followed her gaze looking at the boy standing against the wall in a baseball tee, and a pair of black jeans.

My breath caught in my throat as a girl walked up to him, a smirk on his face appeared as she touched his shoulder, he kept his smirk as he dipped his shoulder away from her hand and turned away from her, I ducked my head a smile forming at Oliver's actions.

I knew Oliver saw me then when I felt his eyes on me as I weaves my way through the crowd and out the patio door with Audrey by my side.

"Did you see that?" I said to her as soon as we were in the back yard.

"Oliver totally brush that thot off?" She paused as I nodded. "yes I did." she said smirking.

"That was.. crazy."

"Oh my god." she said. "You totally like him now." She said, I rolled my eyes and looked at her like she was nuts.

"Are you out of your mind."

"In ways yes, but you." She paused pointing her finger at me. "you like oliver."

I smacked her finger away, as she laughed.

"it's true! oh my god."

"I do not!" I said to Audrey as she crossed her arms I huffed. "He admitted to liking me the other day, and I told him he meant nothing to me."

She stared at me and frowned.

"You don't mean that." she said, I laughed loudly.

"Funny cause you guys both said that." I said turning on my heel walking back inside as I walked straight to the kitchen grabbing the first cup I saw and drinking the substance inside my throat burning as I already felt the buzz of the strong drink.

I grabbed another drinking it down.

"you shouldn't trust already made drinks." I heard a voice say, startling me, I dropped the empty cup as I looked at Oliver's worried face.

"I couldn't care less." I said my words already a slurring.

"Ok, i keep my eye on you though."

"I don't need babysitting." I glared, Oliver raised his hands.

"Ok." he said and smirked.

"I just want to have fun tonight, Oliver lets not fight ok." I said feeling my whole brain just begin to turn off slowly, his smirk widened.

"I have something fun." he said I raised my eyebrows at him expecting a dirty joke, but instead he reached into his pocket pulling out a stick.

I special illegal stick.

My eyes landed on the joint in his hand, I felt my adrenaline pump as his smirk turned to a smile when I let a small smile on your face.

"let's get along for tonight."

"Wait, my brothers not here right."

"He's too hipster for prep parties." He said I smiled as I followed Oliver outside to the backyard, I saw Audrey and ducked behind a bush pulling Oliver with me.

"What was that for." he asked sassy in every edge of the sentence.

"My friend audrey, shed tease us forever if she saw us together, smoking a joint together none the less." I said to him he nodded understanding, we crawled along the bush line out to the shore line, we sat on a rock hip to hip as he lit the joint with the lighter from his pocket taking a deep breath. I watched him as he exhaled the smoke, he turned his head towards me and smiled.

"Your turn."

We took turns and sat in pure silence, comfortably.

Course till he had to say something.

"Why do you hate me amber?" he asked softly as he ran his fingers through his hair, I looked at him.

"You were always a jerk to me." I said softly feeling no filter to what comes out of my mouth at the moment.

"I guess I can be, I just- I don't know." he said laughing slightly as he threw the end piece of the joint into the ocean.

Silence.

"did you really mean it when you said you liked me Oliver?"

"Of course I did. I wouldn't just say that." He said, I looked at the ocean feeling a smile form.

"Let's go dance."

his face looked kinda disappointed as stood up, he looked down.

"Ok have fun." he said lightly.

I laughed.

"I meant together! come one!" I said grabbing his hand pulling him off the rock.

"What about your friend?"

"I don't care." I said turning my head towards him.

"let's live."