Chapter 27

I walked down throughout the mall all day, looking through stores, and eating.

pretty sure the eating was the best part of the whole day.

I loaded some of the boba at the frozen yogurt stand into my bowl, this stuff was heaven.
I smiled at the woman behind the register as I paid for my yogurt.

I walked around slowly for a while finishing my yogurt, looking at children scream in demand for a toy, couples walking and teens gossiping. I threw my yogurt cup into the garbage and made my way towards the bathroom.

I opened the door that took me to a long hallway to the bathrooms in the very back, I walked down the quiet hallway, I pulled out my phone and looked at the texts I received.

'Cody: r u home?'

'Me: no, I'm at the mall be home late though, what's up?' I sent the text and put my phone into my pocket looking down resulting me to clumsily bump into someone.

"Oh I'm so sorry." I said immediately, I looked at him, his eyes twinkled as they stared into mine and he stepped back softly laughing.

"always bumping into me." Oliver said cheekily, I let my heart beat loudly as he smiled.

"Uh- y- sorry." I stuttered, he smiled again and shoved his hands into his pockets, I noticed as he was wearing a black and white baseball tee with a pair of tan pants, and his black vans, he smirked when my eyes met his again.

"Does this outfit look ok?" he asked cheekily, I swallowed my words and cleared my throat, nodding softly. "how have you been amber?" he asked softly and seriously.

"I've been good, how about you?" I asked, he shrugged.

"Ok, I suppose." He said softly, shuffling as the air got awkward. I took in Oliver's gorgeous appearance as he smiled at me gently. "does your mom still not want me around?" He asked slowly, I almost wanted to laugh at his question, just by how weird it was.

"I'm not sure, we haven't really talked about it." I said, he nodded softly and sighed.

"I miss you amber." he said gently, I felt my heart drop as his sudden words, he stared his blue eyes bright and sad.

"I miss you too oliver." I said letting the words spill from my mouth, he let out a breath of relief.

"Are you busy tonight?" He asked, I felt myself become tied.

"Uhm, I think Cody wanted to hang out." I said softly, his eyes dropped in disappointment.

"Are you guys together?"

"No." I said, at least that's what I think.

"So he wouldn't care if we hung out." he said softly moving closer.

"I don't think so, I mean I wouldn't hope so, I'm my own person." I said, his lips stretched to a smile as I smiled back.

"C'mon." He said as he grabbed my hand and he led me down the hallway back to the mall. "Why are your hands all sticky." he asked as we walked, I smiled guiltily.

"I had yogurt." I said softly, he smiled and he pulled me out of the mall to his car.

"Wait my car!"

"Oh well, I'll bring you back for it." he said as he kept pulling me to his car, I smiled at Oliver's anticipation, he opened the passenger door for me as I got in and he shut it then got in on the other side.

As we drove, I thought.
I thought, is this right?

Should I be doing this?

Would Cody be mad?