Chapter 28

I hugged Cody tightly on the dock as he was leaving to a fishing trip for three days.

"Be careful." I said in his ear, he let out a soft laugh and sighed.

"I'll be back before you know it." he said as he moved back from the hug and tapped my nose.
I let a smile spread as he smiled down at me.

"See you in three days." he said awkwardly and laughed as he turned on his heel walking off, I smiled watching him climb into a boat.

I waved him goodbye and turned leaving to my car.

I just began heading home as my phone rang, I wiggled it out of my back pocket as I looked at the caller ID.

'Oliver 😎' with his picture behind the bold letters, I took a breath and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi." he said out of breath.

"You ok?" I asked my hand tightening on the wheel as I wiggle in my seat.

"Where are you?" he asked quietly.

"Heading home?" I said softly.

"Would you like to go somewhere with me?" He said quietly, I felt my stomach turn in butterflies.

"Like?"

"To my lake house."

"Well, this is random." I said, he let out a soft laugh.

"Please, I don't want to go alone, and you are my only friend."

Friend.

"I doubt that." I said as he sighed.

"Well, you doubt wrongly. please go?"

"For how long?"

"For however long we want to stay." he said simply, I smiled gently as I parked in my driveway. I sat back in my seat. "just as friends, I promise." he said into the phone, I let out a fake laugh.

"I could use a tan."

"Oh yeah? a lake house sounds nice for that doesn't it."

"It does."

"So?" he egged on.

"I'll go." I said nonchalantly, he cheered into the phone screaming yes, I smiled to my self biting my lip.

"You are amazing. I'll be there soon."

"Soon as in?" I said as I quickly jumped out of my car.

"An hour or less, pack up woman." he said as he ended the call, I gaped as I stared at my phone.

What on earth was I going to tell my parents.

I walked inside and ran inside my room, I began to pack a bag, one way or another I was going to the lake house with Oliver.

I grabbed out a duffel bag from my closet and began to pick out reasonable outfits, definitely packing some promiscuous items.
Cause why not, who knows what will happen.

"Hey mom?" I said to my mom after I finished packing my bag and walked into her room.

"Yeah honey?" she asked as she paused her show looking at me as she laid in her bed.

"Is it ok if I go to Audrey's this weekend and go camping with her?" I asked my mom softly, she sat in silence.

"Is your father here?"

"No."

"Then you'll have to wait." She said simply, I groaned internally.

"But.. she will be here soon to get me." I said to her, she looked at me.

"Then you can't go."

"But mom-"

"No. I said no." She said, I rolled my eyes walking out of her room and back upstairs to my room, I felt my stomach in my feet as I felt angry.

I yanked my phone out of my pocket as it rang, I answered Oliver's call.

"I'm outside down a couple houses." he said simply.

"Oliver I can't go." I groaned.

"What- why not?" he asked softly, I huffed.

"My mom said no." I said silently, I walked to my window seeing a black sports car just as he said, a couple houses down. "Which doesn't make sense, I'm almost 18 she should let me be independent, I'm almost an adult, as of next week actually!" I whined into the phone.

"You are right."

"I'm right?"

"Yeah, you are almost an adult. You are on your own." He said into the phone, I sat in silence, contemplating.

"Amber?"

"I'll be out in 2, be out front." I said as I hung up, not waiting for a goodbye. I swung my bag over my shoulder and slipping on shoes.

I walked out my room shutting the door quietly, I quietly snuck past my moms room and down stairs in silence, I slipped out the front door as I shut it and jumped at a voice.

"Where are you going?" I looked at jake as he walked up the driveway his long board in his hand.

"Places." i said as I walked past him, I looked at Oliver's car ahead of me.

"Who is that?" jake asked stubbornly.

"No one. If mom or dad ask, you didn't see me." I said as I opened the car door throwing my bag in and getting in the car, I shut the door as I turned my head looking at Oliver.

He smirked at me patting my leg before driving off.

"Glad you made the decision to come."

"Me too." I said feeling my adrenaline pump, as Oliver's car sped down the highway past cars quickly.

"You are going to like the lake house." he said as he pulled down a old road, tall pine trees around the road.

"I hope so." I said softly, he glanced at me quickly as I looked ahead feeling my curiosity grow for how the house would look.

Soon enough, we arrived to a really nice small house. Oliver put the car in park, I got out of the car slowly my bag over my shoulder as I gaped at the house.

The house was painted white and brown and it was perfectly surrounded by trees, with a walk around porch, a trail to my left led down to the lake below. I stepped onto the porch and walked slowly.

"Three bedrooms, two bathrooms." Olivier said as he appeared beside me his hand on the door handle as he unlocked the door.

"It's gorgeous."

Did he know I had a thing for lake houses?

"Thanks." He said softly as he walked in to the house, I followed slowly, the house was dark brown all around, with wooded paneling on the floor, the house gave off a warm feeling with the selection of furnishing.

"Wow." I said, he smiled and led me down the hall to a room.

"Pick any room you want." I smiled at Oliver as he looked at me warmly, I walked down the hall as I peeked into a room painted red with white trim and a white queen bed.

I let my interest peek as the next room painted in white and black with a black queen bed.

I opened the door more as I walked in, the curtains were silky white and the room made me feel like royalty even being in it.

I set my bag on the floor as I turned around to look at Oliver, he had a smile on his face as I turned towards him.

"Perfect." I said he smiled.

"Awesome, I was hoping you didn't take my room." He said with a wink and threw his bag in the room beside mine, he looked back at me a smile on his face. "Want to see the rest of the house?"

"Of course."