Chapter 23

(very short chapter xx love you guys)

I sat with my head in my hands sitting on the floor leaning against the wall of the hospital waiting room, pretty sure I've cried every tear from my body.

I looked up as I heard footsteps, I saw ambers parents and jake close behind. I stood up quickly as I wiped my face and watched as ambers mother walked straight up to me.

"This is the second time Oliver." She said as her voice cracked softly, I looked down as I felt more guilt than I did before. "the second time I've had to come to the hospital cause she got hurt because of you." She said as I felt my eyes water more. "You need to leave, I don't want you near her anymore." She said turning on her heel away from me but she stopped as jake and I made eye contact.

"Jake." she said sternly, jake looked at me sympathetically and shook his head as he walked down the hall after his mom and dad.

"jake." I said softly, he turned his head stopping again. "tell her I'm sorry and I love her please?" I asked, he nodded softly and walked after his parents, I ducked my head and stuck my hands into my pockets as I left the building quietly.

They were right.

I was a danger to amber, and I had to stay away.

It only ended in her getting hurt.

Ambers PoV

I opened my eyes slowly as I looked around the light blue room and the stiff blanket draped over my legs, I frowned as I looked at the IV in my arm.

"Hey honey!" I heard a cheerful nurse say, I jumped slightly looking at her, she giggled and walked over to me as she checked my stuff.

"Can you send in my boyfriend, Oliver?" I asked, her smile dropped as she looked at me sympathetically, i frowned.

"Brown hair, blue eyes?" I nodded as she described him slightly, she sighed.

"Your mother told him to leave, honey." She said softly, I felt my heart drop into my stomach as she sadly pouted and rubbed my shoulder. "ill send your family in."

I felt my blood boil at the fact my mom sent Oliver home, how dare she?
I watched as they all filled into the room, smiles on their faces except for jakes.

"Hi sweetie how are-"

"You told Oliver to go home?" I asked rudely cutting her off, she shut her mouth as her smile dropped and jake crossed his arms.

"Yes, I did. he's no good-"

"Don't say that to me. Oliver is my boyfriend, you can't tell me who I can and can't be with." I snapped at her, her face turned in anger.

"Yes I can. you are my daughter you are only 17, till you become an adult and move out of my house, I can tell you what to do." she said as she pointed her finger at me. "Oliver is not a good thing to have in your life, since you've been with him, you are never home, you have been in the hospital twice I mean amber, what next?"

"Have you not noticed he made me happy?" I asked, she stayed silent.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave, you can't be in here stressing her while she is healing." the nurse said politely, I looked out the window biting my heel to keep from crying not showing any weakness.

"It's for your own good." she said as she walked out of the room, my dad hugged me goodbye as did jake but he whispered in my ear before leaving.

"He said he's so sorry and he still loves." jake whispered softly, I bit my cheek harder as I held back tears.

"Tell him I said ditto." I choked out, jake sympathetically gave me a look before leaving and shutting the door behind him.

I let go of my cheek as soon as I was alone and let down the waterfall of tears that was being held back as I cried, and cried.