Chapter 29: Lost

Otis had probably been taken out of the ambulance and was in the hospital, and Oliver, Olympia and Selena were sitting on their beds in the hotel room, not saying anything, just thinking. The notebook was in front of Oliver, and the video reproduced in repetition.

– You know what's up? I'm tired of this silence. What are we going to do about the video? – Olympia asked.

– We can't do anything. "O" has a copy, of course. – Oliver answered, discouraged.

– So we'll have to wait for more "O"messages and let this blackmail us manipulate like we're toys? – Selena was furious. - I'd rather go to jail than be blackmailed! I have not been a loyal member of Mad Squad for years, with years of training of resistence, technology and persuasion for after I discovered it was a bad squadron and then I came out to be made of doll!

– Selena, we've both gone to this squad, and we know very well that it would not be possible to be someone from the Mad Squad. - Oliver muttered and closed the notebook in its frene - Whenever we hack something or we go somewhere, we should leave the letter M written from neon pen somewhere nearby, and I didn't see any M around here.

- Just because you didn't see a neon M, does not mean there is not one.

– Okay guys, don't you think we'd better just go to the police station, say that Otis accidentally banged his head and then we're off? – Olympia suggested.

Selena snorted.

– And you think they'll believe it?

– I'd even go with that, but would "O" be stupid to the point of just sending a video over a computer, notebook, laptop, anything, that we could conter?

- It's weird. Olympia was discouraged.

Selena's cell phone received a message

"Look at this photo! What will the police think? -O"

Selena opened the message, it was an image of Oliver, with Otis bleeding, lying on his legs, and Oliver's face seemed to be lamenting. The image also appeared to have been taken out of the window.

- It looks like the video is not the only thing that "O" has - Selena showed the photo to Olympia and Oliver.

– Great, we're sure again that someone was spying on us outside the bathroom window and no one saw anything.– Olympia said. – Damn, I just said the obvious.

– And the worst is that I look totally guilty in this picture ... – Oliver let out a tear.

Olympia went to embrace Oliver.

– You're not the one to blame, okay?

– That's not what the policemen are going to think.

Olympia straightened her glasses.

– I don't think they'll think you killed him.

– Yeah, they will.

– Don't think that way.

- I think it would be better if we went to the police station to report and explain, imagine if after "O" gives the video and the photo, then the police will ask us why we didn't denounce before, making it seem like we are guilty. – Oliver explained.

– And I think we ought to get Otis's opinion on what to do. – Selena said, with the thought "if he's not dead."

- I agree. Olympia said hopefully.

– Oh my gosh, this whole situation is forcing me to write a song about it. – Oliver was kind of dizzy.

– You write songs? – Olympia smiled. – Why didn't you tell me?

- You know, it's something personal...

- Now I wanna see! – Olympia and Selena said at the same time.

– I don't think that's a good idea.

Selena opened every drawer in the hotel, quickly, searching for Oliver's songwritings.

- Selena, stop! – He exclaimed.

- Why? I bet they are creative and beautiful.

- Please.

Even so, Selena kept searching and Oliver approached her, wanting to stop her, but Selena found some of the songwritings and read the beginning of one of them.

"I never imagined this moment, our eyes are mirrors of each other..." - Selena read aloud.
Oliver tore them from Selena's hands.

– We have bigger problems than my songs.

– Oh, Oliver, I'd like you to read it to me someday – Olympia laughed happily.

– I like the beginning, I wonder what comes next – Selena said.

– You're really annoying, aren't you? - Oliver looked angry - But I will not worry about that now... we go to the hospital, we have to see if Otis is well! – Oliver picked up the rest of his songwritings and hid them while Olympia and Selena were not looking,

A few minutes later, Olympia, Oliver and Selena locked the door of their hotel room and went to the hospital. Olympia was soon to speak to the clerk.

– Hi, I'd like to know what room a boy named Otis is in, we're his friends and we came to visit him.

– Is Otis his name? – The clerk said, – We do not have anyone by that name here right now.

Oliver's heart began to beat rapidly because of nervousness.

- Okay... but at least he came here? – Olympia was tense.

– No ... no Otis has come here.

– Oh no... – She lowered her head.

Oliver was very uncomfortable. Selena went to her side, trying to comfort him.

– Where is Otis? – He questioned Olympia and Selena rhetorically.