Chapter 30: Calm Down

Olympia, Oliver and Selena were tense after being told that Otis was not at the hospital. They noticed that there was a door with the sign "restricted area" and soon became curious. Maybe that room contained information on where the ambulance was, they thought. They observed and analyzed very well where the room was located, and then they left the hospital, nervous.

It was night, it was possible to hear the cicadas singing, the lanterns lit the street and the city seemed only more dangerous. Across the hospital there was a very loud bar playing Taylor Swift's "You Need To Calm Down," and Olympia and Oliver immediately recognized the song, but only smiled and kept with the plan.

In a place, near shrubs and full of grass, where no security guard or camera could see them outside, they located a window that led to the restricted room. Oliver watched the place and searched for something they could stand on to reach the high window, and gathered some thick pieces of wood that would be high enough. The three of them went over the pieces of wood and were coming in through the window, which was surprisingly open. It was a narrow and small room. No one seemed to be in there, only a comfortable bench in front of a beige table with some pills and medicine boxes, a computer showing recordings of the security cameras, some papers and strange mugs, and a big old closet next to the door were seen. When Olympia, the last person in the queue, was coming in, she fell and knocked over some of the medicine boxes, making a lot of noise.

– Damn, Olympia, you need to calm down – Selena warned, whispering.

You're being too loud – Oliver added.

– I got the reference! – Olympia laughed.

Selena was confused.

– What?

– Wow, you were not making a pun on the new Taylor Swift song?

– Hum... no?

– Wow, I even thought you were – Oliver laughed.

They began to put the medicine boxes back in place when they heard footsteps approaching.

– Someone's coming, hide! – Oliver whispered.

– Where?

– Let's get in the closet, quick!

Olympia soon opened the cabinet door, which had peculiar objects, but it was not time to examine them, for at the moment they seemed to be about to be caught. The teenagers rushed into an empty part of the closet, and silently closed the door.

They were frightened, but tried to relax, taking a deep breath, until someone entered the restricted room.

– Look, the boxes have fallen. – A familiar female voice said.

– Just put them back in place, please. The wind must have knocked over. – Someone with a thick masculine voice shouted from a distance.

The person with the female voice, who Oliver and Olympia knew very well, switched on the light in the room and closed the door, putting the boxes back in place. She must be a hospital employee, they thought.

Ohany, do that, Ohany do this. Not even a good enough paycheck I have in this place, even if I was caught and still do the favor of helping this idiot...

"Ohany?", Oliver and Olympia both thought at once.

– Oliver, let's open the closet door, it's Ohany, – Olympia suggested, speaking quietly.

– But what if it's someone else with the same name?

– Seriously, do you know another person who is called Ohany?