Chapter 26: Hey, old friend

Perhaps somebody's ambition controlled this person's feelings and caused the squad to be burned in an attempt to injure Miss O and get her place in the lead. Oliver, confused by his feelings, had a friend, Selena, in an old squad where he worked but did not think she would be able to burn anyone just to be the leader of a different squad. His old squad was evil, and the members may be pursuing him, even with his new identity: before Harry and now Oliver. The mysterious cell phone salesman gave some food to Olympia, Oliver and Otis, who were now heading toward the town of Brooks, KY.

- Oliver, we need to know more about this one about Selena. - Otis said, running alongside Oliver and Olympia.

- Well, she was very close to me, maybe I could call her an ex, but we were always friends, and she was a master at technology. I have no idea if she's still working for that squad. - He replied.

- We have to research, she must have a social network! - Olympia exclaimed excitedly.

- I think it'd be difficult, but let's try.

Oliver picked up Otis's cell phone and searched for "Selena Darkbloom" in the search bar, but the only effective result was a Facebook profile, and the last photo posted was two years ago.

- Gee, I forgot how beautiful she was. - Oliver said, missing the old co-worker. Otis rolled his eyes.

- Is there a phone number? - Olympia asked.

- Yeah ... I'll try to call. - Oliver typed in the numbers, hoping Selena answered, not knowing if that was still his number. Her heart was racing, he had been calling for several seconds.

- Hello? - A female voice spoke on the phone.

- Selena, is that you? - Oliver asked.

- Hum ... who wants to know?

- Me, Harry, remember me?

- Harry? I can't believe it. Changed your number?

- Actually, this is not my phone. Where are you?

- Oh, downtown Louisville. What about you?

- I'm near Brooks!

- We need to meet, I really miss you!

- Yes, come here, I'll arrive in a few minutes.

- All right, get there soon. - They decided where to meet. Selena said good-bye, and Oliver finished the call.

- Oliver, are you sure it's safe? What if she's tricking you? - Olympia wondered, suspected.

- I don't think she would lie to me.

- Remember, never trust people too much, - Otis said.

- Yes I'll remember. - Oliver looked bored.

They kept walking until they reached Brooks. Just as they reached an old bench in the middle of a place full of grass, Oliver saw Selena.

- Do you think it would be better for me and Otis to hide while you talk to her and see if everything's okay? - Olympia suggested to Oliver.

- Would be better. - He replied.

Olympia and Otis were hiding behind a building, their eyes on Oliver.

- She's really pretty, - Otis said.

- Um, I think someone is jealous. - Olympia chuckled.

- I don't even know Selena, how could I be jealous and want her?

- I was not talking about Selena.

Oliver and Selena met. Otis and Olympia could not quite hear what they were saying. Oliver hugged Selena and she kissed his cheek.

- It's been so long ... - Oliver looked sad, but glad to be in Selena's presence again.

- I really missed you, and my number was blocked on your cell phone, so I could not tell you everything that happened in these last years... - Selena said. - I quit the Mad Squad, I started my studies at a private school, I got money selling homemade cakes...

- That's cool! I've always loved your cakes. And sorry for blocking you, it was not intentional, I blocked all members of the Mad Squad. Glad you left, because they were evil.

- I know, that's why I left there!

- So ... aren't you a bad person?

- Of course not. But if hacking is something that evil people do, I'm guilty.

Meanwhile, with Otis and Olympia ...

- Are you alright? Olympia asked Otis.

- Why are you asking it?

- There's nothing wrong with a person wanting to know if your best friend is okay.

- I am fine. But there's something wrong with Selena being so receptive to Oliver, as if she already knew everything that's happened to him lately, I'm beginning to think she might have captured Ohany, after all, she was in a nearby town, or worse... she is "O".

Oliver and Selena were laughing.

- Oh wait, I need to do something. - Selena took her cellphone and started typing.

- Okay. - Oliver said.

Otis and Olympia were talking. Olympia was trying to make Otis smile, but they were interrupted by the sound of a notification of new message.