Chapter 35: Traitors Everywhere

And there were our characters on the lawn of the dreaded Odd Squad. Although the inside of the squad is gray and white, and it plays strange music every time someone walks in, and there are heavy metal doors looking like a gigantic hospice, the outside (the lawn) is pretty beautiful: of course, green and has contact with nature, besides being the most normal thing of that squadron.

It was still morning. The night passed while Oliver, Olympia, Ohany, Selena and Otis were inside the truck body. Now, along with the other members of Odd Squad, trying to convince members of the Mad Squad to let them out may be the most difficult part of the day. Selena and Oliver were still trying to convince George.

– I know what you're trying to do... apologizing? Oh sure, I accept, I don't like to hold a grudge. – He was smiling.

– Yes, George, but why are you still here in the Mad Squad? Are you bad? – Selena questioned him.

– Me? No! But I want money.

– You know, I know a place where you can make money and do good things, – Oliver suggested, referring to Odd Squad.

– Where? Odd Squad? But Miss O said that...

– Do not believe what she says, boy, she stinks.

Meanwhile, Oona and Otis tried to sympathize with Kate. Ohany and Olympia talked with a guy called John, smiling, but Olympia almost didn't stop using a cell phone, apparently Selena's, that left them suspicious.

Orion and Oksana were talking to a girl and a boy, probably twins, named Mason and Maryon.

– Yeah, I love action movies! – Exclamation Orion – Those cool blows, incredible, radical...

– I know, those movies are wonderful! – Mason looked excited. Maryon was talking to Oksana about food.

– I don't think we have a chance to get out of here, do we

– You know, you're going to die today, – Mason said. – But dammit, I'd have to kill you, and I wouldn't want to do that.

– Wow, what a bland life. – Orion kept trying to convince them.

The guards, henchmen, each time seemed less enthusiastic about hurting Odd Squad members. It seems that the plan of Otis and Selena was going very well. Good, until Miss O appeared, pushing the door and entering the lawn.

– Ready? Mad Squad, position!

– Why did you take so long? – Maryon asked. – We stayed here for a long time, I thought we were going to end them quickly.

– I had to settle some matters, bastards. – Miss O said rudely. – Now, get your guns!

Selena stared at George.

– Don't do it.

Oliver thought, "Remember she stinks."

Kate watched Otis and Oona tense, her hands start to shake, she was starting to be friends with them.

Mason and Maryon stared at each other, not knowing what to do. The other members of the Mad Squad and Odd Squad also ran out of reaction until Olympia ran toward Selena, handed her a cell phone, and stepped forward.

– I think you planned to change squads.

Miss O turned red, and frowned.

– What's the matter with you, girl?

– That's right, I hacked your cell phone, well, I actually accessed your data on Selena's cellphone.

Selena folded her arms.