Chapter 11: Story of Spray Part 1

Megmind's POV

I never got any sleep after what I saw Spray do. That was my only evidence of cracking the code! I stood up from my bed and walked out. Minion was making coffee.

"Good morning, sir." He smiled, "Sleep well?"

"I didn't sleep at all." I answered, "Spray has gotten scary since we took her in."

Minion shrugged, "You did tell her that she would be twice as evil if she joined us."

"Who's side are you on?"

"My own side." He answered.

"I need to find out who she is."

Spray's door opened and she would out. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning, Spray." Minion said.

I punched his arms.

"Morning." She stretched.

Minion and I stood still in case something would happen.

She looked at us, "What?"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." Spray answered, "Why?"

"No reason." I answered, "You and Minion are gonna rob more things today."

"And what are you gonna do?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Create more evil plans." I answered.

She shrugged and got ready. 15 minutes later, they left. I went in Spray's room to see if the files weren't gone yet. And I was in luck! The top right hand corner had words on it.

"West Metro High School." I read.

I got on my compewter and typed in the school's name. It popped up real quick. It was 2 miles away from the lair. I twisted my watch and turned into Bernard. I got into the invisible car and drove to the school.

I stepped out and looked around. The school was bigger than the one I went to. I walked inside and went into the office.

"Hi how can we help you?" One lady asked.

"Hello. I came here to see if I could a file from a former student here." I said.

"For what reason?" She asked with a curious look.

"I am. . .from DSS." I lied.

"Oh well of course! What's the name?" She asked.

"Oh well I don't know her name but I do have a picture."

I handed her the picture and she looked at it for a minute.

"Oh I see. The News Reporter Roxanne Ritchi picked up the files awhile ago. You'll have to find her." She answered.

"What would Roxanne want with them?" I asked.

The lady shrugged, "The News always wants to find details for their next story. I heard that they are filming at the Metro Man Museum. . .or what's left of it."

"Thank you for the info!" I smiled.

I left the school and got into the car. I face palmed my head.

"How could Roxanne get those files before me?? Why would she want them in the first place?" I questioned myself, "Now I need to talk to her to get the info I need."

I drove to the Museum and got out. I saw Roxanne there setting up the camera. I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped.

"Oh! Hi Bernard. What brings you here?" She asked.

"I was just over at West Metro High School to get a certain file but the office told me that you had them." I answered.

"Are you talking about Spray Demon?"

"Yes!" I smiled.

"Come with me." She whispered.

I followed her to an apartment complex. She walked up to the desk.

"Room 315, please." She said.

"But that room is forbidden." The man replied.

"It'll just be for a minute." She replied back.

The man handed her the keys and we walked in the elevator. Up to the 3rd floor and entered a room I'd never seen before.....