Chapter 25: A day in the park

Your POV

I was in the kitchen making pancakes, eggs, and bacon. The smell must have stretched along the lair because Minion and Megamind arose from their beds for a bite of the delicious smell.

"My nostrils sense something heavenly." Megamind said.

"I don't have a nose." Minion said, "I just heard the cooking."

I laughed at them as I grabbed some plates, "it's almost ready."

They walked to the living room and turned on the TVs. I fixed their plates and brought the food to them.

"Here guys." I said.

"Usually Minion is the maid." Megamind commented.

"Hey!" Minion argued.

I just laughed at them. I went to my room to go get ready.

Megamind's POV

Minion and I ate our food. (Y/n) was an amazing cook.

"So I was thinking." I started.

"Thinking of?" Minion asked.

"Taking (y/n) to the park today." I finished.

"Are you aware that some people might recognize and try to hurt her?" He asked.

"I made a promise to protect her and I will do whatever it takes to take her to places where we can have fun."

"That's sweet." Minion replied.

"What are you going to do today?" I asked.

"Roxanne and I are going to see about all the crimes that are going on in the city." He answered.

"That'll be good." I said.

(Y/n) walked out in an outfit. She looked absolutely adorable. I must have been eyeing her for awhile because Minion and her were staring at me. I cleared my throat.

"I'm going to go get ready and I'll be right back." I said as I got up and walked away.

Your POV

Megamind walked to his room to get ready. He was staring at me. Was something wrong? Minion noticed my shown emotions.

"You seem shook." He said, "what's wrong?"

"Megamind kept staring at me." I answered, "was there something wrong?"

"No not at all." He answered, "he thought you were very cute and couldn't stop looking at you."

I sighed in relief, "that's good. I thought something was wrong."

"Why do you always have the fear of something wrong?" He asked.

"It's a feeling I've always had." I said looking at the floor.

Megamind came back, "I'm ready!"

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise!" He answered.

"Oh boy." I said.

With that said we left. Megamind blindfolded me the whole way. I had no idea where he was leading me to.

"Okay where are we going?"

"We're almost there." He answered.

"You promise?"

"With all my heart." He replied.

And shortly after that he took off the blindfold. I saw that we were at the park. I softly smiled.

"The park?"

"I know you never got out as a child so why not start now?" He shrugged with a goofy smile.

"You're so sweet."

He took my hands and spun me around. We soon flopped on the soft green grass. We laughed as we sat up. I looked around and saw people giving me looks that made me uncomfortable. Megamind saw what I was seeing.

"Don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you." He told me.

I quickly held his hand to be sure he was still next to me.

"Don't let these beings ruin your fun time." He whispered in my ear.

I laughed how he referred to everyone as beings.

"There's that smile." He said.

I smirked at him, "tag!"

I got up and sprinted away.

"You are no match for me little girl!" He vowed.

"I'm an adult!" I laughed.

He started running after me and boy did I run for my life just so I could win a game of tag.