Chapter 18: Demonic Battle

Megamind's POV

"Let Spray go!" I yelled.

"You're only saying that so I don't kill the whole city." Venom chuckled.

"No I'm saying that because I miss her!"

"Nah." She shook her head, "you don't."

"I miss not only Spray. . .but (y/n)."

Venom's eyes immediately shot towards me, "don't ever speak of that name."

"You entered (y/n)'s body when she was just a child. Her father was. . .a horrible man that made her innocent soul a portal for you to fly into." I explained.

"I helped her escape those beings and she needed it." She replied, "she was too weak to stand up for herself."

"Leave Venom! Leave (y/n) alone!" Roxanne yelled.

Suddenly, an alarm went off throughout the city. We looked around saw smoke setting off all around the city. Venom chuckled loudly as the smoke surrounded us.

"Spray is gone. It's like she was never born. And you 3 and the city are not too far behind." She explained.

"Minion go and get the brainbots to get rid of the smoke!" I yelled.

"On it!" He yelled and ran off.

Venom chuckled as the smoke surrounded me and Roxanne, "I'll be the last thing you see after this."

We heard the citizens of Metrocity coughing viciously. But soon the smoke faded away due to the brain bots showering the city with watery mist.

"NO!" Venom yelled.

"It's over Venom. Let (y/n) go." I said.

"Never." She hissed.

She then flew up into the air and cane crashing down into the pavement creating sort of an earthquake. She stood up and fire burned in her eyes.

"There's no reason for you to kill anymore people, Venom." I said, "her parents were the only people who were hurting her."

"You mindless blue headed freak." She snarled.

Ouch.

"Before I took over Spray's body, I saw the pain she felt when you chose snobby news reporter right there." She explained.

"I've realized that I treated her like she was absolutely nothing to me but I'm willing to change that as long as you leave her and return to the underworld." I replied.

"You realized a moment too late." She growled as her eyes lit up bright red and her teeth showed.

I gulped. She shoved me against a building hard enough to crack it.

"Spray might have been tough to you before I took on the show...but deep down she was a scared and weak girl that couldn't do anything with a damaged heart."

I groaned in pain, "I'll change that. NOW ROXANNE!"

Roxanne poured a bucket of some sort of holy water and Venom immediately let go of me and screamed in pain. Roxanne then held a tiny cross up to her face.

"Leave (y/n)'s body and return to the underworld!" She yelled.

She screamed and we saw a faded demonic figure escape (y/n)'s body. I caught (y/n) before she hit the ground. She was unconscious.

"You fools!" Venom yelled, "I will return and destroy you all!"

With that said, she faded away. I immediately looked at (y/n). Her face was no longer pale which had me relieved. Her hair was back to its normal color.

"(Y/n) is unconscious from all the stress that Venom put her through. We need to get her to a warm bed and let her rest." Roxanne explained.

I slowly nodded and gently stood up with her in my arms. We made our way to the lair as everything was back to normal....sort of.