Chapter 20: New hero of MetroCity?

Your POV

Venom had returned to possess me again. I was in the dark and couldn't see anything. I heard her laughing echo all around me.

"Leave me alone!"

"Why? You need my help..." Venom replied.

"No I don't!" I yelled, "you'll hurt me and my friends!"

"What friends?" She asked, "the big blue idiot? He doesn't care.."

I turned around to see Venom choking Megamind.

"Let him go!" I yelled running towards her.

She disappeared before I reached her. I turned around and saw Megamind on the ground...dead.

"No!"

I didn't know what to do so I just hugged his body and cried.

"He thought nothing of you anyway." Venom's voice echoed.

"No....no!"

I woke up with a fright. I couldn't see anything which scared me even more. I silently sobbed with my face in the bed sheets. I heard running until it stopped.

"(Y/n) are you okay?"

I looked up to see Megamind at the door with a worried look on his face. I sobbed into the bed sheets again. He hugged me tightly and sat next to me on the bed.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked.

I shook my head. He laid down and held me close as he pulled the covers over me and him. He gently rubbed my head and as I rested my head on his chest. I heard his heart beat. It was so calm and relaxing.

It was something that calmed my nerves.

"Sleep (y/n). You need rest. I'm not leaving." He spoke.

My eyes slowly closed and I had fallen into a deep dark sleep once again.

Megamind's POV

Morning had come and I slowly sat up. (Y/n) was still sleeping and I did not wish to wake her. I slowly stood up and walked to the kitchen to grab myself a jelly doughnut. Minion walked up to me as I put sweet cream creamer in my coffee.

"Good morning, sir." He spoke.

"Good morning, Minion." I replied.

"How's (y/n)?" He asked.

"She's doing good now that she's sleeping. She had a nightmare last night."

"Children do have nightmares." Minion replied.

"It hurts me to see her like this."

"Hopefully it will last for a couple days. Venom did lots of damage to her." Minion replied, "but there is good news."

"What's the good news?" I asked.

"Metro City wants to make you the new hero!" He smiled holding up a newspaper with my face on it. 

"Really?" I asked holding the newspaper.

"Yeah they've built a museum of you and everything!"

"That's fascinating." I replied.

"But.."

"But?" I asked.

"They are going to question you of (y/n). Or Spray as they know her." He answered.

"Oh." I said as a sad feeling dropped to my stomach.

"What do we tell them? Without Venom she's a completely harmless girl." Minion questioned worriedly.

He's right. What do I tell them? They surely won't believe that the female satan was possessing (y/n).

I looked over at (y/n) as she peacefully slept.

"Just leave the questioning and answering to me." I answered.