Chapter 21: Protect you

Megamind's POV

Minion and I were at the new museum and Roxanne was with us. I was standing behind the white brick wall waiting for them to announce my name.

"How is she?" Roxanne asked.

"She has temporary amnesia." I answered, "and as she has this, she has the mind of a 7 year old. She's fine but it just scares me."

"Yeah...Venom messes her up." She replied.

"Presenting our new hero of Metro City, Megamind!" The mayor announced.

Your POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Megamind was gone and it was quiet. I stood up and wobbled around. My balance was off.

"Whoa." I said grabbing the bed to catch my balance.

I slowly walked to kitchen and looked around. Nobody was in sight.

"Megamind? Minion?"

There was no response. I turned around to see about 10 TVs in one spot. I sat on the couch and grabbed that small rectangle device with small circles all over it. I looked over it.

"This button is the on button, see?"

I pressed the on button and looked up at the TVs. I didn't know how to change the channels so I just watched what was on. It was the news channel. And....Megamind was on it?

"Megamind where is Spray now? Should we be scared or worried of anymore attacks on her?" A man asked.

Megamind was on a stage having a somewhat sad face?

"She is no longer Spray. Believe me, you are no longer in danger. You see, years ago, Spray was a little girl with a lot of emotions. Her parents were....horrible human beings. They abused her and her father summoned a demon into her body. That demon took over her body and Spray was never the same. Does she have a real name? Yes. Am I going to reveal it? No. Why? Because right now she is stuck in a mind of herself. The demon is gone yes. There is no more danger and there is no more Spray. But I will keep the city safe from any harm or danger. I can promise you that." He answered.

That was my life? That's what they did to me?

"Come here you little shit!" A man yelled cracking a whip.

"I don't want to!" 7 year old (y/n) replied.

"I told you no cartoons!" A woman yelled.

"Demons speak! Enter our world into this portal and prove that you are here!" The man yelled as his young daughter was tied to a chair.

"Ahhh!" I screamed holding my head.

All this thinking was hurting my head. The pain was building up in my head feeling like it was about to pop. As soon as the pain became unbearable, I blacked out.

Megamind's POV

The news and the city seemed to take my answer pretty seriously. Minion, Roxanne, and I were heading back to the lair.

"I hope she's alright." Minion said.

"She was sleeping when we left. I'm sure she's okay."

We walked in and I made my way towards the bedroom she was in. But she wasn't there.

"(Y/n)?"

"MEGAMIND GET IN HERE!" Roxanne yelled.

I ran to where they were and gasped. (Y/n) was on the floor passed out or worse.....

Minion checked her pulse, "she's still breathing."

"Oh thank god." Roxanne and I breathed.

"She blacked out from stress." Minion added.

"Wait a minute." Roxanne said as she picked up the remote, "this is the news channel you were on. She was watching you. Her memories probably flashed through her head and make her think too much."

I gently picked her up and looked at her face. She didn't look to be in pain. I walked to her bedroom and gently placed her in the bed. I placed the covers over her and sat beside her. I placed my hand on her cheek.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I know it was my fault for this. But I promise to protect you....forever."