Chapter 24: Date Night

Your POV

I woke up on the couch. I looked up to see Megamind sleeping while his arms were around me. I didn't want to wake him up so I closed my eyes again.

"I'm very good at pretending, you know." He spoke.

I looked at him again and his eyes were open and he had a smile on his face.

"Meh." I said laying my head down again.

He picked me up and stood up from the couch.

"No more sleeping you bed bug." He said.

"I no longer wish to adult." I said grabbing my blanket, "from now on I shall remain a cozy burrito. If you need me I will be in my fluff tortilla."

I hid in the blanket and Megamind just laughed.

"I thought that medicine was supposed to work." He said.

"Oh it did. I just don't wanna get up." I replied.

"Well you need to take a shower because you and and Roxanne are spending the day together." He said.

"Uhhh are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Don't worry she knows that she version she saw of you was Venom." He told me, "she's excited for today."

"What are you and Minion doing?"

"Uh work." He answered.

"Oh ok." I shrugged.

I took a shower and got ready. Soon Roxanne was in the lair and ready to go.

"Hey (y/n) are you ready?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah." I answered.

Megamind walked to us and hugged me, "be safe and don't do anything evil."

"Okay dad." I rolled my eyes.

They laughed.

"We'll be out for a couple hours." Roxanne said.

Roxanne and I left and we walked in the city.

"So how about we go shopping? Maybe find you some new outfits?" She asked.

"That would be nice." I replied, "I could use some new clothes."

~time skip~

Today was actually fun. I got so many new outfits and Roxanne and I had a good time. We got to the lair and no one was in sight.

"Where's Megamind and Minion?"

"I don't know but let's try on your clothes again!" Roxanne answered.

Megamind's POV

Everything was almost set up. I had something special for (y/n) and I tonight. Minion helped out too. We headed back to the lair and hopefully Roxanne had (y/n) ready. I walked in and didn't hear anything.

"Ollo?"

"Don't you mean hello?" Minion asked.

"Whatever." I said.

"Hi Megamind." (Y/n)'s voice came from her room.

She walked out and my jaw dropped. Her outfit was absolutely gorgeous.

She looked so different

She looked so different. And I loved it. Roxanne walked out as well.

"She's ready." She smiled.

"Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked.

"That's a surprise." I answered.

I took her hand and we walked to a field. There I laid some blankets, pillows, candles, and pizza for a lovely date night.

"I love this." She said.

"You do?"

"Why wouldn't I? It's cute." She smiled.

We laughed and talked as we ate pizza. After that we laid down and looked at the stars.

"I forgot how relaxing it was to look at the stars." She said.

"They're very pretty." I replied, "but not as pretty as you."

She blushed lightly, "I honestly never thought I would be able to get rid of Venom."

"Why not?" I asked.

"I was at such a young age, that I didn't know that was tricking me to act like she was protecting me. When she entered my body, she took actions that I would never do. She wouldn't leave and I couldn't do anything." She explained.

"You needed help. And everyone needs help with something. When we first met, I knew something was up because of your actions. You were aggressive in a way and Venom would never reveal your real name. But I love the real you that I'm meeting."

"Awww Megamind." She said.

I wrapped my arms around her and snuggled with her. Tonight was the best night of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.