Chapter 6

“Let's go,” he said coming out of his office. He looked at my dejected, moping self and couldn't control himself in letting a chuckle out. Laugh all you want.

Positive things!

Even though I won't get any free time and most probably won't for the rest of my life, at least I'll know what happens in ‘The Park Jimin’ meetings.

Quite contradictory to my expectations(and my deepest desires), the arrival of ‘The Park Jimin’ actually rocketed the company's profits. The company could land quite a number of deals and shareholders were more than interested in this 'new generation' business or whatever they liked to call it. Words of ‘The Jimin Effect’ was going around the company and boy was I curious. I mean I thought the guy couldn't count for shit.

I stood behind Jimin in the meeting room because, yes, Douchebag's rule no. 54 states ‘Do not sit anywhere when I am in the room, irrespective of the presence of other people.’ He really thought that out well.

The Golden Bird's CEO was a couple of minutes late to the meeting. At first sight, I was able to tell that she had a very intimidating, yet charming aura. My self-confidence crashed lower than the floor I was standing on, the way it always does when I see other women. Hey, I was programmed that way by society, not my fault. I guessed she was a couple of years older than me. She came and sat opposite to Jimin.

I could see her expression switch from a professional one to a toootally unprofessional one upon seeing Jimin
Me too, sister, me too.

I observed Jimin from the side. He was giving her a special smirk, one that I've never seen before. The only kind of smirks I ever get from him loosely translates to ‘You are doomed’ and ‘I have more work for you’

And to say that she had fallen already would be an understatement. The look on her face tells that she will never be able to walk on her legs again.

The presentation went smoothly till Jimin got up to speak. I did feel like booing him.

He quickly went to the middle and spoke, his voice deep and a little flirty.
“Good evening to all of you, especially the lovely lady up front.” He said eyeing the CEO woman who blushed just like he wanted her to. Did he just....

“I believe this partnership is beneficial … blah blah blah …….. blah blah blah….” I drifted off looking at his perf- pfft I wasn't looking at his perfect jawline that could literally cut through me like I was butter, nor was I admiring his smile, whenever he did smile towards that woman, nor was I bothered about his frequent teasing glances towards the same woman. Not at all.

Also, hello..

ERROR 4o4: Professionalism not found.

The meeting got over and I could tell that the CEO woman was pleased.

Okay whatever, that's another deal then. More paperwork great!

********

Two days after the meeting, I was looking at the accounts of 2006 AGAIN. Yes, dumbass made me do it again telling me that I never did it, simply because he couldn't find the sheet which I KNOW he purposefully threw away.

I looked upto see the CEO woman walk towards Jimin's room while sparing me a glance. Did I mention her dress wasn't what I would call a professional one? I mean I'm not one to judge anybody's dressing sense but it was too short and the neck cut was deeper than the Mariana trench. But maybe it wasn't an official meeting. Not that I would be bothered. Why would I be bothered? Pfft.

“You might wanna knock, ma'am.” My statement was completely ignored by her.

He's going to throw her out in a couple of seconds.

I completed my work after 15 minutes and knocked on Jimin's door. I heard a weird ‘come in’.

I went in and Jimin was sitting behind the desk. His face was red. The woman was sitting towards one side of the sofa. Her bra was sticking out. Well, I had supreme capabilities when it came to digging up dirt like this, so yes, that was the first thing I noticed. Well, it's not like I'm bothered by it.

I placed the files on his desk and asked him if there was any other work for me. His face was getting getting more red by the minute. He replied that there wasn't any and that I could go home.

“Wait, what? Really?”

“Yes, Y/N, you can go home.” He replied, the tension in his voice clearly evident.

“O-okay.”

I said before turning towards the door, but I froze as my eyes unintentionally landed on something else.
Please ask me what?

..

Panties! By the foot of the table. I do not wish to elaborate anymore. Ugh.

I gasped as soon as my eyes rested on them. Damn my uncontrollable, expressive abilities.

Jimin noticed my gasp and looked at the object that had earned such a ghastly expression from me. He coughed, quickly got up from the table, came and stood in front of it in a futile attempt to cover it.

But the damage was already done.

“O-okay, I-I'll be leaving n-now.” I said unable to compose a clear sentence. And even though, my mind didn't want my body to budge an inch from there because it really wanted to know what the fuck was going on, my body wanted to run to hell or to any place other than this.

On the way to the door, I stumbled, I apologised, I bowed and ran for my dear life.

After I came out and had breathed fresh air for some time, I realized what the hell was actually going on in there.

My face scrunched up in disgust.

“Is this what they call the freaking ‘Jimin effect’?”

“Eww….”

_________________________________________