Chapter 14: The Realist

Enos' POV

I entered the cafe, the smell of freshly brewed coffee entered my nostrils. Ah, what a peaceful day.

I am sitting on my usual spot, drinking my coffee while scrolling on my phone when a person suddenly announced something about the newly opened museum.

"Good day everyone, I just want to inform you that my friends and I decided to open an art museum near this cafe, if you want to pay a visit, there's no entrance fee, thank you."

"Excuse me, but shouldn't you charge people who wants to see the beauty your artists created?" a person who just entered the cafe said.

"But what about the young artists who wants to take inspiration? Don't you consider them?"

"But also Mister, can't you consider the artists? Their hard work must be paid."

"Ethan, let's just eat," the guy who accompany him just said.

"I'm sorry mister Ethan but not all people are as rich as you."

"I'm not rich myself, it's just that the artists should not shoulder all the expenses. The materials, the rent, and all the other bills."

I just nod, a little convinced on what he said.

Dependable, realistic, and kind of savage. Yeah, that's me, Enos David Miller, or better call me Enos. I am an only child who's raised by an abusive father that shaped me into what I am today; strong, bold, and independent. I grew up scared of letting someone down, to be fair, I am a smart child, I achieved a lot of awards and recognitions but my interests drift away from education when I entered the world of track and field.

I am now a trainee of t&f at Dolim University. I easily felt comfortable and and became friends with everyone on the team, with the exemption of Seungmin. Don't get me wrong, I do love him as my friend and a member of our group, it's just we don't really get along well because of our different perspective on life.