#5

There were hardly enough boys to call it a proper party. It was more like Enrique wanted female company very badly. There was he, of course, Oliver, Johnny and the rest of us. I instantly cursed why I changed my mind about not coming here.

"Can you hurry, Oliver?" Enrique was whining as he waited for Oliver who looked like he was having an existential crisis.

"I'll join you okay! Please leave?" Oliver shot back with narrowed eyes and a frown.

"How would he ever survive without girls?" Ray said shaking his head.

"You are saying. We deal with him every day." Johnny muttered brushing his long hair. He tied it in a short pony quickly and then he and Oliver were gone. I leaned against a wall as an argument broke between Kenny and Tyson.

"It's a party! You'll not wear a shirt." Tyson argued pulling Kenny's swimming T shirt.

"No Tyson, I am not going out like... like you all!" I swear I wanted to bang their heads together at the stupid argument.

"You'll look like you are thirty!"

"That's fine by me. Stop forcing me!" Finally Tyson pulled Kenny's T-shirt from his head and dragged him out.

The swimming pool was situated in a hall made entirely of glass frame and was huge by any standard.

No one will even notice even if you drown.

A chill ran down my spine as I surveyed the pool full of floaters and balloons. All the girls from all the teams were there, several girls that I didn't even know were in the pool too. Some fancy, popular music was pouring in the hall from concealed speakers. Glasses and glasses full of soft drinks were arranged on tables and near the pool.

"Not looking for my baby cousin I hope?" Johnny appeared beside me. He didn't appear as chilled today – more like the old Johnny I knew from Robert's castle.

"Not me. Looks like she has taken up that job," I said carelessly as I spotted a head of purple hair making her way towards us.

Nikita was dripping with water, strands of purple hair sticking to her face.

"The water is wonderful! Why aren't you coming in?" she asked adjusting her hair

"I was getting in," Johnny said. He quickly walked away from his baby cousin as if she was some sort of danger when near water.

"You need an invitation?" Her fingers latched around my wrist. I was stunned momentarily as she dragged me to the edge of the pool. "Getting in?"

I looked behind her at the water and got that chill again. Scenes from my past resurfaced as she looked at me. Cracking ice. Deep freezing water. Death. For the moment I was not with her but back in the icy Lake Baikal. My team wasn't there this time. I stood frozen as my arms and legs became numb even before I was submerged in the water.