#8

And that's the story of how I realised, near midnight, while sitting in a sushi bar that I was crushing on 'The Heart-breaker.'

Guess I was indeed attracted to her.

Chapter 8

I paced my room for the umpteenth time. The red numbers flashing on the clock said 2:15 am. But there wasn't any sleep left in me. Emotions swirled in me, churning my insides at a rapid pace.

It was... so common. But as I had judged it was distracting. I had worked my ass off for years in a row, got humiliated, disrespected, lost, cheated, been mean several times – all that so one day my name would be synonymous with number one. So that wherever my parents were they'd be proud of me.

"Get a grip on yourself!" I muttered digging my nails in the palm. "You don't have a minute to waste."

I gripped Dranzer blade and launcher and padded out of the suit without a noise. I called for the lift and pressed the button for the terrace.

Your mind is going to explode!

I scrunched my nose. Dranzer thought that too? Shut up, it's not.

Well where are you going? Is it a fight?

No... Why? I stopped for a millisecond as Dranzer's reply formed in my brain.

Your aura is nervous. And there's a bit beast somewhere around here – I can feel it.

Before I could ask Dranzer anything I saw the other person. Or persons.

Tala and Ming-Ming were sitting there together.

No that came out wrong. They were sitting opposite to each other at a distance of few foots. I stopped short and then sat down low in the shadows. There was a pause after which they resumed their talking.

"I still don't understand why I should use it on her?" Ming-Ming said.

"You have to." Tala said, coldest I had heard him.

"But have you seen? How... How her captain has been hovering around her lately?" Her voice was laced with fear and agitation.

"You'll do it," he said.

"I have no obligations."

"Oh. I suppose Dickinson will say the same when he knows a stupid midget was in his office. Snooping."

There was a pause and I began contemplating to raise my head or not. I heard the sound of heels clicking on the ground – getting closer, and closer. Just before she reached close enough to see me; she backtracked muttering a few choice words.

"I just don't want Kai on my back after this." She said.

Tala spoke something else but my mind was jammed. Kai? They weren't talking about Nikita, were they? Or Hilary?

I wasn't hovering around the latter. In fact we hadn't talked properly since her arrival.

Tala was an imp of Satan – no doubt. He could become the meanest person that ever existed, whenever he wanted. Ming-Ming that girl was cunning. If they were aiming for something I better keep a check.

"If it doesn't happen tomorrow – I am out." I saw a flash of white gown leave the terrace followed by a tall redhead.

I waited for a few minutes before leaving my hideout. Tomorrow was our last day of practice. The championships were officially beginning then and... Gosh what could Tala want from her? What was it that he couldn't do himself? Something that required Ming-Ming's help... What?