Nightmare Come True

*Hey guy's, back with another chapterrrrr! This one is gonna be all about our girl Kathy..well some of you might not agree on that, but hey give her some slack in this one. Especially for Eli's sake. You guys enjoy, and hopefully you dont hate me after this.<3*

Stabler Residence
Friday, Feburary 21, 2014
8:53 p.m.

Kathy's POV

"Good night, honey." I whispered from the door of my youngest son's bedroom, after fighting with him to put the games to rest. For a seven year old, he sure is stubborn..just like his father. I grinned at the thought, as he blew a kiss to me. "Sleep tight."

I shut the door just enough for a little light to peer into the room from the wall lantern that hung in the hallway. Five feet away from the door, I started to get this uneasy feeling at the pit of my stomach. Traveling back to his room to check the window, making sure that it was locked and secure, I still couldn't shake the feeling. I kissed the boys before walking out for the second time. I took a stroll around to make sure all the doors and windows were locked in the house. I had to sigh after the task was done. For a woman who was now divorced from a cop for two years after 20 years of marriage, was raising only one child, and who's boyfriend was gone for the night for certain had me paranoid to even turn the lights off. I chuckled to myself at how ridiculous it sound, a grown woman being scared of being by herself.

I slip in between my silky sheets, and tried my best to focus on getting some sleep. Instead of trying to close my eyelids, I just wondered them around the room that was filled with memories. Until they landed on my night stand where there was a picture of all the kids together, while a present Elliot Stabler stood smiling behind them. That was the day of the twins graduation, everybody was so excited to go celebrate. I couldn't stop crying that day, I knew deep down it wasn't gonna last. That day was also the second day of my divorce with Elliot...I was happy that he was there for the kids, and also that we were just friends again. After leaving his job, he was devastated. I tried so hard to help him, but he wouldn't budge, at that moment I knew I wasn't the right person for the job anymore. It was his former partner.

I was so jealous of how he spent so much time at work with her, then at home. Even though, I trusted Olivia would never do something that low or conniving; I still had my doubts. I knew it was over a long time ago between us, and I ran out of all the energy I had to fight for it. No matter what happened in the past, I don't regret having my beautiful children with him. Hey, we're better off co-parenting. Plus, I'm happy now, and can finally breath without stress.

I glanced at my alarm clock, as it read 10:16. I layed my body flat onto the mattress, as my sight of the ceiling started to get blurry. My eyes burned with the anticipation of sleep, finally closing them after an exhausting day. Four seconds later there was two thuds, like something just fell off of a shelf. My mind first went to Devin, who wasn't supposed to be home until 2 PM. I quietly walked over to the door, grabbing the metal bat that sat by the door. It was silent, walking out of my room I saw that the lights were still off in the front part of the house. I didn't hear any movement, as I walked closer to the kitchen. So used to knowing where the flashlight was, I grabbed it and clicked it on. My heartrate accelerated at every corner I turned, but I ended up finding nothing. I was so relieved, as I exhaled the oxygen that I didn't even know I was holding. I shake the door to see if it was locked once more, before walking over to Eli's room. Surely it was probably something that just got knocked over in his room, seeing the way that boy sleeps.

Coming towards the door, I noticed it was completely closed. My mother senses automatically kicked in, as I opened the door my heart dropped. The room..was trashed all of the items that were on his night stand, was now shattered on the floor; the bed sheets were chaotic, my jumped out of my chest...there was no Eli in sight.

"ELI!" I ran to his closet, making sure he wasn't hiding in there like he always does. I check under the bed, I checked the bathroom...I couldn't breathe at that moment. Going back to his room, I noticed the window was open. I ran outside not caring where I  stepped at. "ELI, WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I was face to face with his now ajar window. "I locked it..I locked it." I looked everywhere, it was so dry outside there were no footprints. I ran back in the house, I paced the floor. I felt Iike I was gonna pass out, I couldn't call Elliot...he would pin this one on me for sure. "OMG my baby, I don't know what to do.." 

After two minutes of pacing furiously, I thought of someone I could call...someone I haven't talked to in a long time since I last came to the 16th  Precinct. Luckily I still had the Precinct's number. I stood against the the counter top in the kitchen, as the phone started to ring. On the second ring, I was taken back by the female voice that came through the phone. "Sargent Benson."

I was shocked, thinking Cregan was still captain. Instead it was someone who I thought I wasn't gonna hear from again, Olivia Benson. "Olivia?" And if I wasn't mistaken by the pause that was made, I would think that she was surprised to hear from me too. Well, besides that I'm calling the Precinct's phone.

"Kathy?" I couldn't take it anymore, I had to tell her. I want Eli found, and back home safely. "Olivia, Eli is gone. Someone broke in and took him!"

"WHAT?! Where are you?" I needed her reaction, after everything..I needed to know that she will do everything she can to help us. I felt tears come to my eyes, seeing that this was real, and it wasn't a dream.

"At home. 145 Magnolia Central Ave in Queens." I had to stay strong, at this moment I wanted to do everything I could to find Eli, and not break down.

"Ok, I'll be right there..."

"And, Olivia?"

"..Yes?"

"Please, if you've seen Elliot, or talk to him lately...don't tell him just yet. Please." I wasn't ready to see the look on his face, and especially have all the anger going towards me instead of the person who took him. I already blame myself enough.

"Ok." That was all I needed, she always kept her word. And if she did tell him, I'll be ready..right now wasn't the time for a lecture. Hanging up, I soon couldn't hold it anymore, as I dropped to my knees. I didn't understand why someone would do this, all these years we've stayed here. Why my baby.  I sat there, and thought who would do something like this...

That's when it hit me, I have cameras every angle of the house. I went to the vivint app that was on my phone, it saves all the video recordings when it feels motion. It probably caught something.

I opened the latest video that saved, I had to guess around 10:16 when I heard that loud noise. I played the video and soon enough it showed Eli... being carried like a rag doll, by someone dressed in all black. I dropped my phone onto the floor, and curled up into a little ball. I cried and prayed that this was a nightmare, I just wanted it to end...I wanted it to end.

*OMG I hate myself for doing this, but its finally over..for now. Now that Elliot knows, how will it go down?? Will Olivia stop him or will he let his anger get the best of him??? We will see;)*