28

"Grandpa." Minseo breathes out as she stares at the man before her. He looks sick and sad. His face was almost a gray color, he had dark eye bags that went along with the dead eyes. He looked so dead inside this lovely cafe.

The cafe they always went to.

His eyes sparked with life as he saw Minseo, guilt flooded them as they saw Yoongi and Jungkook before her.

She wants to reach out, but she hesitates. Her heart says hug him while her head says he's a liar and full of danger. Its almost comical how the moment she sees him, her fighting heart becomes faint and afraid. Her brain cheers.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Jungkook says, breaking the tension. His voice is deep and his eyes are cold and hard, just like Yoongi's. They show no resentment, but more of a lack of emotions. He clearly didn't mean it, but he said it to stand a point to the man.

Both Yoongi and Jungkook discussed it before hand that they will not react negatively to her old life and anyone in it as it may affect Minseo in a bad way. They wanted to healed, even if that means getting along with the people who hurt her first.

Yoongi also told explained to Jungkook that he wanted to see how her life was, to understand her just a bit more. To see her life.

"As I am with yours." Her Grandfather says quietly, his face clearly meaning it, unlike Jungkook. His eyes filled with tears as it fluttered between the father and daughter. She had resemblance of Yoongi and he didn't question which one was the true father. He can feel the amount of trust and the soul wrenching bond between the three of them. It was like their energies combined, creating a brick wall. Their bond, even created in a short time, was immense.

"Grandpa... Why didn't you tell me?" She whispers out, pain seeping through narrowly spoken words.

"I-I couldn't. I didn't know how'd you react." He says quietly, his head down. "I'm sorry."

"I-... Please, don't say sorry. It'll make this so much harder." She says, her throat straining as she feels the emotions overwhelm her. Yoongi gently pats her arm and she looks back at him with a heart wrenching emotion.

He hates it, he absolutely despised the man. So, he loathes the next words that come out of his mouth. It tasted bitter.

"Talk to him, sweetheart. Get closure." He says and him and he pulls Jungkook who reluctantly follows. They sit a few tables away, where they can regulate what's going on but give them privacy.

The old man sits down and Minseo bites her lip, containing cries.

"What was her last words?" She whispered out and that when the old man broke. He sobs horribly, poorly trying to drown out the noise with his palm. He felt disgusting. Wretched.

"Her last words, was that she was sorry." He lies. He didn't want Minseo to know the last words of her mother was for people to take their hands off of her. That people were trying to keep her still in her rage fit after the police confront her, that she died thinking anything but her.

"She never got the surgery... Did she become an alcoholic because of me?" It was a question that was on her mind a lot.

"Not you. Her choices." He clarifies, his lips wobbling as tears stream down.

"Guilt." She whispers and she looks over at her fathers. They sit quietly talking, coffee in their hands and a hot coco waiting for her.

For her.

"Are you happy with them?" He asks, and then blows his nose. He peeks over at the couple who keeps looking at them. They hold hands over the silver table, Yoongi biting his lip nervously for his daughter.