I Want Your Love - Part Three | Fluff

It's quiet in Ericson's Boarding School for Troubled Youth, but Violet's mind is buzzing with thoughts and worries that swam around her head. She stares at the ceiling as sleep evades her, and she drums her fingers on the side of the hard spring mattress as she exhales.

Clementine is still asleep by her side, Violet opens her eyes and looks to her left, watching the gentle rise and fall of the brunette's chest. One arm is thrown lazily across her torso, the other rests by the side of her head, and every so often her fingers flex slightly as she sleeps. Violet wonders what Clementine is dreaming about.

It's Saturday morning, the last few hours of quiet before the rest of the school return to Ericson's, ruining the calm environment which has allowed Violet to feel confident enough to share her feelings.

Violet rolls onto her side, feeling the sheets rustle around her, she holds her breath hoping that her sudden movements won't awaken Clementine. When she's sure that the brunette is still soundly sleeping, she sighs and closes her eyes as she returns her attention to the worries in her head.

One - Violet's nervous about the rest of the school coming back. Nervous about opening up to her friends about the relationship that's formed in their absence. About what her ex Minerva will have to say. Violet's always been closed off and has shied away from public attention, which is exactly what this relationship will bring when the others find out about it.

Two - is this even a relationship? Since the kiss, Clementine and Violet have spent almost every moment by each other's sides, but they haven't spoken about what they are to each other. The mattresses that Clementine arranged on the floor have become the place where they've rested their heads night after night. Together by each other's side, they've slept peacefully. Once the beds return to the frames in a few hours will this 'relationship' be over?

Three - is Clementine only kissing, hugging, and talking to Violet because there was nothing else to do during the week. Once her friends return from the trip, will Clementine forget Violet? Forget all the things they've shared and been through. Will she leave Violet behind?

You're being stupid Violet, she tells herself. Clementine shifts beside her and mumbles as she slowly begins to awaken. She stretches both hands above her head and strains her body as her eyes flutter open and a smile brightens her face. As her vision adjusts and Violet comes into focus, the brunette beams.

"Good morning Vi," she says as she rolls onto her side, closing the distance between the two girls. Her voice is low and husky, and her amber eyes gleam under the morning light that spills into the room.

Clementine rubs her eyes and takes in Violet's concerned expression. "Hey," she says, lifting her arm and gently brushing the bangs away from Violet's eyes, "are you okay? You look stressed."

Violet forces a smile, "I'm just tired." She's lying of course, because Clementine got it right on the first guess. Violet is stressed, she hates herself for feeling so unsure and unconfident about the state of their 'relationship' just because everyone else will shortly return to the school.

"That's a lie," says Clementine with a small smirk, almost immediately seeing through Violet's deceit. She moves closer to the blonde as she stifles a yawn "are you worried about everyone coming back?"

"Yeah, I guess... I'm worried about what it means for us" the blonde admits as her fingers fumble beneath the sheets, looking for Clementine's hand. She feels comfort wash over her as the brunette's fingers wrap around her own. Violet closes her eyes and rolls onto her back, "I've really enjoyed this week Clementine," she says, "I love everyone at this school, but it's been so nice to get to know you without Louis making jokes or Minerva's stares getting in the way."