Red | Fluff

Song recommendation - The Lady in Red by Chris De Burgh

-

"You may now kiss the bride" declares the pastor smiling at the couple standing on the step below him.

Marlon leans forward and softly presses his lips against Brody's, the redhead begins to smile into the kiss as she places her hands on her new husband's shoulders. Loud claps and cheers fill the church and many of the guests stand to deliver their well wishes to the newly married couple as the bride and groom turn to leave the grand building

Violet stands as well watching her friends exit the church hand in hand with smiles painted on their faces, confetti cannons erupt and coat the newlyweds in a shower of pastel papers and clippings that fall from the sky. Violet ceases her clapping as Brody and Marlon step out of the church and out of sight, she smooths down the simple dress the bride forced her to wear, she'd rather be in a shirt.

To her left Louis gestures for Violet to move up the pew and head out of the church but she halts when she spots a young woman she doesn't know sitting on the other side of the church. She's gazing at the stained glass windows at the front of the building, admiring the watercolours that emit from the window onto the stone floor of the church. She's completely lost in thought and more than that, she's beautiful, with dark curly hair and soft features, Violet struggles to keep her eyes off of her.

"Come on Violet, they'll be serving the bread before the main meal and it's first come first served so move!" urges Louis from behind her, Violet shakes her head and continues to make her way down to the end of her row allowing Louis and the rest of her friends to spill into the centre aisle of the church. They all leave her behind as they hurry to the reception room, the brunette turns to look at Violet who's staring at her in a daze.

Violet quickly turns her face away and pretends to be admiring one of the many photos of Marlon and Brody strung up just behind the brunette. The girl stands and slowly makes her way to the end of the aisle, her burgundy dress hugs her curves and Violet finds it hard not to stare at her, she doesn't even know her name.

"Hi," the brunette says offering her hand in greeting, Violet takes it feeling her heart skip a beat when she feels how soft and gentle this girl's palms are, "Clementine," she says in a soft voice as she gently shakes Violet's hand.

Something suddenly clicks in Violet's head and she snaps her fingers on her free hand in recognition, "Clementine, yeah, you work with Brody right?" Clementine releases the blonde's hand and Violet almost whines at the lack of contact.

"And you're Violet right?" Clementine asks grabbing onto her bag with both hands. Violet nods with a smile, "yeah you didn't come to that night out Brody organised for her 24th birthday, I know everyone else from that event but I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you till now," Violet blushes unapologetically at the statement.

Violet doesn't want to tell Clementine that she didn't attend her best friends night on the town because she was having a fight with Minerva, a loud fight that involved screaming and throwing things and neighbours complaining. She doesn't want to scare of Clementine before she's even got to know her. "Yeah," Violet confirms, "I wasn't very well that night, I had to skip."

"Shame," says Clementine with a small smile and Violet swears she sees those alluring amber eyes dip to look at her own lips. "We should head to the reception, I'm starving," Clementine says, she gives Violet one lingering look before turning towards the large oak doors, her heels clicking on the stone tiles beneath her feet. Violet watches her go and she inhales deeply; she already feels herself falling head over heels for this girl, damn it Violet she thinks as she mentally scolds herself; you need to cool off. She takes a few deep breathes before following Clementine out of the church and heading towards the reception room, following the sounds of cheers and claps that emit from the building adjacent.