Yet Another Surprise.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of barking. "L-liam?," I asked, turning on my other side. "Yes?," he asked, his eyes twinkling in the sunlight. "What is that sound?," I questioned, referring to the barking noise coming from the family room.

"Let's go see," he said, standing up and walking out the door. I did the same, following him down the steps and into the family room. There sat a Mutt. Between a German Shepard and a Beagle. He looked about 1 year old, a cute little puppy.

"Who is this?," I asked, scratching the little puppy's scalp. "His name is Snickers," Harry began, pointing to the dog, "we bought him for you guys." I smiled as the dog leaped into my arms. "Hello little buddy," I said, grasping him tightly in my arms.

His ears lifted and his eyes twinkled as I scratched deeper into his scalp. "I'm going to love you forever," I whispered in his tiny little ears as his tail wagged. I smiled and a tear fell down my cheek, "I'm going to love you forever," I whispered again softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short, but this chapter is dedicated to my dog, Snickers. We had to put him down yesterday because he was extremely sick. He was 16 years old, and he had a tumor in his stomach. The poor dog wouldn't even eat. It was the right thing to do, but the entire family took a hit. RIP little buddy. <3